anti-pacer
Established Member
Now I know the history of Todmorden and how the border between "us" (Yorkshire) and "them" (Lancashire) used to cut through the middle of the town hall.
I also know that Todmorden is in the ceremonial county of West Yorkshire, but with the town having an 'OL' postcode, the word Lancashire in their addresses, and the 01706 telephone code, as well as accents that resemble more Lancashire than Yorkshire, do you class Todmorden as part of Yorkshire or Lancashire?
I have also just watched "Homes Under The Hammer" (I'm off today
) and there was a house in "Todmorden, Lancashire" on.
I also know that Todmorden is in the ceremonial county of West Yorkshire, but with the town having an 'OL' postcode, the word Lancashire in their addresses, and the 01706 telephone code, as well as accents that resemble more Lancashire than Yorkshire, do you class Todmorden as part of Yorkshire or Lancashire?
I have also just watched "Homes Under The Hammer" (I'm off today