Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Hi all, if I get my advance tickets refunded, I called Virgin to ask if I could and this was okay w them, and I’ve already collected the tickets, what’s there to stop me from travelling with the tickets refunded??
Many thanks
Unsure as I've never done it after picking up tickets. But there is a legal requirement to pay your fare under the regulation of railways act 1889. Whilst unlikely to be detected I would advise against travelling. Have you already received the refund?
Also are you sure it was actually an advance and not a walk up ticket bought in advance?
I'd also check if you have received your refund yet. Normally they will not refund you until you have returned the tickets to them and these would need to be unused (and not marked or gone through a ticket barrier).
Yes they would ask for the tickets to be returned, I'm also surprised that they agreed to a refund without admin fee, unless the reason you choose not to travel is because the journey is subject to disruption.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.