• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thread Updated with GWR’s Response To The Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kath123

On Moderation
Joined
2 Jul 2024
Messages
240
Location
Somerset, UK
Hi

I’m registered severely visually impaired.

On the 16th August I telephoned GWR and booked assistance for a day return journey from Yeovil Pen Mill to Bristol Temple Meads on Tuesday 26th August. When I telephoned I checked Yeovil Pen Mill station would be staffed and I was told yes all would be fine.

Last week when I was at the station I checked again and the member of staff there didn’t seem to want to say things wouldn’t be ok but I got that impression and they said they had time off this week.

On Friday I received a call from the GWR Assistance Booking Team who informed me that the station will not be manned for the outward journey due to reduced manning hours (it should usually be manned at the time I planned to travel).

The only thing the Assistance Booking Team offered was to amend my booking confirmation to say train crew should assist me to board.

This is even though there is a note on my Passenger Assist profile from a Manager stating ***Needs station staff for assistance - if Yeovil unmanned please arrange taxi to nearest staffed station.***.

At first I went with what the Passenger Assist Team said and they amended the booking but then I got very anxious, decided I didn’t feel comfortable with the situation/was concerned about it and so have later cancelled the assistance booking/journey.

I am angry and upset. There would have been 10 days between the date of me booking the assistance and assistance needing to be provided. Surely GWR could have arranged someone to be at the station?

The social media team made it worse by trying to blame staff sickness when I know there is no sickness at the station but a member of staff will be on holiday this week.

This follows on from another occasion where Yeovil Pen Mill were unable to provide assistance on 9th June and a taxi was provided from/to Yeovil to Castle Cary. And then Yeovil Junction being unable to provide assistance on Saturday 27th July due to no staff so a taxi was arranged to Salisbury. Obviously there have been other journeys which have gone well in between.

I am upset about the reduced staffing hours again at Pen Mill this week which can be seen on the National Rail website.

I have been feeling drained, upset, tearful, not sleeping (as you can probably tell by this post being made at 2:30am) and experiencing quite high levels of distress (I don’t want to provide all the details). Some may feel this is a bit over the top but it is how it is for me.

I’m again at the point of considering stopping using Yeovil Pen Mill station because I cannot cope with the erratic and random staffing which causes distress to me. However obviously not feeling able to use the station effects my life.

Thanks if you read this.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2014
Messages
7,639
Location
Merseyside
I think it is important that if something like this happens you assert yourself and ask them to book you a taxi to a suitable station. It will be a lot easier for them to arrange a taxi to a suitable station rather than trying to get staff specifically to provide assistance if the station is unmanned for whatever reason.
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,772
Location
UK
Are there perhaps disability charities that might be able to help you pursue this issue? Alternatively it might be something you could raise with your MP.

It's clear that staffing at Yeovil Pen Mill is not sufficiently robust to cover sickness or holidays. Those are routine events which GWR should have 'floating' relief staff to cover. If GWR fail to ensure that they have enough full-time or relief station staff, they need to feel the financial cost of that. Perhaps that will get some heads knocked together to recruit more station staff.

There have been some developments (see this news article) in the last few years which mean it is now widely accepted that substantial compensation is due for assistance failures. The amount awarded now typically starts at £1000. Obviously each case turns on its own facts, but for example the fact that you quite understandably cancelled your journey may affect the compensation you receive.
 

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
28 Jan 2010
Messages
3,581
Location
Bo'ness, West Lothian
The social media team made it worse by trying to blame staff sickness when I know there is no sickness at the station but a member of staff will be on holiday this week.


Staff sickness may well be the underlying issue. The person booked to cover for the holiday relief may be sick, or indeed they may already be covering another station due to sickness.

Regardless of the above, you have my sympathies. Not an ideal situation.
 

RPI

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2010
Messages
3,359
As pointed out above, the relief member of staff may well have been off sick, it's not my neck of the woods but usually for the ex-Wessex stations (so Yeovil Pen Mill/Castle Cary/Frome) there are probably one or two "General Purpose Relief" staff who will cover gaps in the roster at surrounding stations - I appreciate that this doesn't solve your issue but I hope it adds some context to how it may well be the case that it was staff sickness that can cause these issues.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,781
Hi

I’m registered severely visually impaired.

On the 16th August I telephoned GWR and booked assistance for a day return journey from Yeovil Pen Mill to Bristol Temple Meads on Tuesday 26th August. When I telephoned I checked Yeovil Pen Mill station would be staffed and I was told yes all would be fine.

Last week when I was at the station I checked again and the member of staff there didn’t seem to want to say things wouldn’t be ok but I got that impression and they said they had time off this week.

On Friday I received a call from the GWR Assistance Booking Team who informed me that the station will not be manned for the outward journey due to reduced manning hours (it should usually be manned at the time I planned to travel).

The only thing the Assistance Booking Team offered was to amend my booking confirmation to say train crew should assist me to board.

This is even though there is a note on my Passenger Assist profile from a Manager stating ***Needs station staff for assistance - if Yeovil unmanned please arrange taxi to nearest staffed station.***.

At first I went with what the Passenger Assist Team said and they amended the booking but then I got very anxious, decided I didn’t feel comfortable with the situation/was concerned about it and so have later cancelled the assistance booking/journey.

I am angry and upset. There would have been 10 days between the date of me booking the assistance and assistance needing to be provided. Surely GWR could have arranged someone to be at the station?

The social media team made it worse by trying to blame staff sickness when I know there is no sickness at the station but a member of staff will be on holiday this week.

This follows on from another occasion where Yeovil Pen Mill were unable to provide assistance on 9th June and a taxi was provided from/to Yeovil to Castle Cary. And then Yeovil Junction being unable to provide assistance on Saturday 27th July due to no staff so a taxi was arranged to Salisbury. Obviously there have been other journeys which have gone well in between.

I am upset about the reduced staffing hours again at Pen Mill this week which can be seen on the National Rail website.

I have been feeling drained, upset, tearful, not sleeping (as you can probably tell by this post being made at 2:30am) and experiencing quite high levels of distress (I don’t want to provide all the details). Some may feel this is a bit over the top but it is how it is for me.

I’m again at the point of considering stopping using Yeovil Pen Mill station because I cannot cope with the erratic and random staffing which causes distress to me. However obviously not feeling able to use the station effects my life.

Thanks if you read this.
You need to get back on to the accessibility team and insist on a taxi being provided.
 

Kath123

On Moderation
Joined
2 Jul 2024
Messages
240
Location
Somerset, UK
Thanks for the replies.

Staff sickness may well be the underlying issue. The person booked to cover for the holiday relief may be sick, or indeed they may already be covering another station due to sickness.

Regardless of the above, you have my sympathies. Not an ideal situation.

As pointed out above, the relief member of staff may well have been off sick, it's not my neck of the woods but usually for the ex-Wessex stations (so Yeovil Pen Mill/Castle Cary/Frome) there are probably one or two "General Purpose Relief" staff who will cover gaps in the roster at surrounding stations - I appreciate that this doesn't solve your issue but I hope it adds some context to how it may well be the case that it was staff sickness that can cause these issues.

I understand there was an occasion earlier on in the year where the station was unstaffed due to cover staff being sick (luckily I didn’t need to use it during that period). If the cover staff are regularly being sick when asked to cover the station this would obviously need looking into.

Perhaps the cover member of staff is covering another station as Yeovil is such a low priority for cover. I wonder if that station has any assistances booked?

When I challenged the member of staff on social media re them saying the situation was down to sickness they replied ‘I do apologise for the confusion. Sickness was a general term for why we have staff shortages, and I wasn’t made aware it was a staff member taking holiday.’

Still feeling very upset today. Not that it matters to anyone in authority how I’m effected/left feeling.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

You need to get back on to the accessibility team and insist on a taxi being provided.

They clearly don’t want to do that for some reason. Wasn’t offered. Don’t know why. They did in a similar situation on 9th June. I’m too drained to argue with them.
 
Last edited:

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,781
]


They clearly don’t want to do that for some reason. Wasn’t offered. Don’t know why. They did in a similar situation on 9th June. I’m too drained to argue with them.
You accepted the alternative that was offered. Had you not they would have had to provide a different alternative.
 

Belperpete

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2018
Messages
3,671
They clearly don’t want to do that for some reason. Wasn’t offered. Don’t know why. They did in a similar situation on 9th June. I’m too drained to argue with them.
When you spoke with the Passenger Assist team, did you specifically tell them that your profile included the instruction to arrange a taxi? And if so, what was their response to that?

I can understand if you were put on the spot when they contacted you out of the blue and off-guard, and if this was why you accepted their alternative. However, you were quite entitled to phone them back later and say that after having had to time to consider it, you were not happy with this alternative. Unfortunately by pre-emptively cancelling your booking, you have considerably weakened your position.

I can understand you being too trained to argue with them. Unfortunately too often they rely on passengers not standing up for their rights.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I’m not sure they would have had to if they feel what they offered was reasonable.
As the passenger's profile specifically says that a taxi should be provided if the station is unstaffed, it would be hard to argue that a lesser alternative would be reasonable.
 

gray1404

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2014
Messages
7,639
Location
Merseyside
I would not concern yourself too specifically as to why they cannot provide station staff. Rather just that they cannot.

It is also important that you start asserting yourself such as saying that you will require a taxi to a nearby station.
 

Belperpete

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2018
Messages
3,671
I would not concern yourself too specifically as to why they cannot provide station staff. Rather just that they cannot.

It is also important that you start asserting yourself such as saying that you will require a taxi to a nearby station.
Agreed. The reality is that the only way of manning the OP's station would likely have been to unstaff another station.

Having got wind of the likelihood of the station being unmanned, the OP should have been readying themselves for the situation, and how best to respond to it, by stating that their profile specifically says that a taxi should be provided, and that this was what had been arranged in the past.
 

Kath123

On Moderation
Joined
2 Jul 2024
Messages
240
Location
Somerset, UK
Thanks again for the responses.

When you spoke with the Passenger Assist team, did you specifically tell them that your profile included the instruction to arrange a taxi? And if so, what was their response to that?

I can understand if you were put on the spot when they contacted you out of the blue and off-guard, and if this was why you accepted their alternative. However, you were quite entitled to phone them back later and say that after having had to time to consider it, you were not happy with this alternative. Unfortunately by pre-emptively cancelling your booking, you have considerably weakened your position.

I can understand you being too trained to argue with them. Unfortunately too often they rely on passengers not standing up for their rights.
Hi

When I spoke with the Passenger Assist team I didn’t mention the note on my profile no. I assumed they would have already seen it so been aware when making the decision about what to offer.

The call did catch me a bit off guard. It was a Friday morning. I have insomnia sometimes and hadn’t slept much Thursday night. I was snoozing Friday morning when the call came and it woke me up so I let it go to answerphone and then called them back a while later.

I didn’t realise that I have the right to dispute/challenge whatever they offer.

Part of me also feels guilty if I were to ask for a taxi cos I know it costs them money. But another part of me doesn’t feel guilty because they should be using the money to staff my local station anyway.

I would not concern yourself too specifically as to why they cannot provide station staff. Rather just that they cannot.

I’m sorry I already know most of the Forum disagree with me but I don’t go along with that GWR can’t staff the station at times like this. I feel they are making a CHOICE not to.

And I know I’ll get backlash on here for saying that but it’s what I genuinely believe.
 
Last edited:

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,781
I’m sorry I already know most of the Forum disagree with me but I don’t go along with that GWR can’t staff the station at times like this. I feel they are making a CHOICE not to.

And I know I’ll get backlash on here for saying that but it’s what I genuinely believe.
What anyone chooses to believe about that has no bearing on how your ability to travel should be resolved.
 

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,135
Location
Wilmslow
Thanks again for the responses.

I’m sorry I already know most of the Forum disagree with me but I don’t go along with that GWR can’t staff the station at times like this. I feel they are making a CHOICE not to.

And I know I’ll get backlash on here for saying that but it’s what I genuinely believe.
I don’t disagree with you and, although I can’t speak for the rest of the contributors to this forum, I believe the majority also agree with you and believe you should receive the service that you have a right to expect.

GWR is failing in its obligations to you, and needs to do something to rectify this. Bleating on about staff shortages isn’t good enough, and they need to implement a proper solution which meets your needs.

Please continue to post and say what you believe to be correct.
 

Belperpete

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2018
Messages
3,671
Part of me also feels guilty if I were to ask for a taxi cos I know it costs them money. But another part of me doesn’t feel guilty because they should be using the money to staff my local station anyway.

I’m sorry I already know most of the Forum disagree with me but I don’t go along with that GWR can’t staff the station at times like this. I feel they are making a CHOICE not to.
And I know I’ll get backlash on here for saying that but it’s what I genuinely believe.
I agree with you that they have a choice. In the short term, it was likely to be which station to unstaff. In the long term, it is whether to employ sufficient staff to ensure that they are never short staffed come what may, which is unlikely in the current financial situation. Realistically, in a non-ideal world, these situations will sometimes occur - the important thing is how they are dealt with.

Unfortunately by cancelling your trip, GWR have effectively got off penalty free - which I am sad to say is likely to make it more likely to happen in the future. You absolutely should have insisted on a taxi, as they need to realise that unstaffing your station isn't a cost-free option. You should not feel guilty about demanding one.

The Passenger Assist team would have been looking for the most cost-effective solution, which is why they likely suggested the train crew assist solution. Unfortunately you accepted that solution, which meant they had no need to explore the more expensive taxi option. Also, although you subsequently became very anxious and concerned about it, did you ever make them aware of that? Did you let them know why you cancelled your trip? Remember that they can't do anything about something they know nothing about.

I agree with other contributors that you need to complain about how you were treated. They need to be made aware of the consequences of their decision to unstaff your station. Again, if they think there were no adverse consequences, they are more likely to make the same decision again.

The meek may eventually inherit the earth, but in the short term they get walked over. As other contributors have said, you need to be more assertive in your dealings with GWR. Tell them that you are not happy with how you were treated.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,538
Location
LBK
I agree with other contributors that you need to complain about how you were treated. They need to be made aware of the consequences of their decision to unstaff your station. Again, if they think there were no adverse consequences, they are more likely to make the same decision again.

The meek may eventually inherit the earth, but in the short term they get walked over. As other contributors have said, you need to be more assertive in your dealings with GWR. Tell them that you are not happy with how you were treated.
Quite. I could not agree more. It is very bad that disabled people have to be this assertive but it is where we are and we can only play the field as it lies.
 

Belperpete

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2018
Messages
3,671
I don’t disagree with you and, although I can’t speak for the rest of the contributors to this forum, I believe the majority also agree with you and believe you should receive the service that you have a right to expect.

GWR is failing in its obligations to you, and needs to do something to rectify this. Bleating on about staff shortages isn’t good enough, and they need to implement a proper solution which meets your needs.
Unfortunately, they probably currently think that they did meet the OP's needs. They will only know what the OP has told them. Currently, I suspect that all they know is that the OP was happy to accept the solution they offered.

It is all very well telling everyone on this forum about the issue, but GWR need to be told. They can't be expected to rectify something that the OP has not made them aware needs rectifying.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Quite. I could not agree more. It is very bad that disabled people have to be this assertive but it is where we are and we can only play the field as it lies.
It doesn't just apply to disabled people. You generally won't get delay repay unless you claim it. You won't get a refund for a cancelled train unless you claim it. If people don't complain about failures of service, then there won't be any come back.
 

gray1404

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2014
Messages
7,639
Location
Merseyside
What is it that only station staff can do for you that the train crew can't? What it is that cannot be done by the train crew that means you require a taxi to the nearest staffed station?
 

Egg Centric

Established Member
Joined
6 Oct 2018
Messages
2,900
Location
Land of the Prince Bishops
Part of me also feels guilty if I were to ask for a taxi cos I know it costs them money. But another part of me doesn’t feel guilty because they should be using the money to staff my local station anyway.

Listen to the second part of you and tell the first part to be quiet! GWR have signed up to be a Train Operating Company. That comes with a bunch of rights and responsibilities and the latter include making adequete provision for you. It's like feeling sorry for a landlord when they have to pay for a gas certificate. It's part of the business they've chosen.
 

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Joined
17 Dec 2017
Messages
2,631
Location
Crewe
What is it that only station staff can do for you that the train crew can't? What it is that cannot be done by the train crew that means you require a taxi to the nearest staffed station?
I believe from a previous thread that the OP is registered blind or has visual impairment that requires them to be escorted from the station entrance to the train, possibly that the route requires a barrow crossing or footbridge.

This cannot be expected of train crew as that would require leaving the train, heading to the opposite platform and escorting the OP to the train, ensuing a large delays for all passengers.

(Apologies to the OP if my recollection is incorrect)
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,927
Location
UK
Thanks again for the responses.


Hi

When I spoke with the Passenger Assist team I didn’t mention the note on my profile no. I assumed they would have already seen it so been aware when making the decision about what to offer.

The call did catch me a bit off guard. It was a Friday morning. I have insomnia sometimes and hadn’t slept much Thursday night. I was snoozing Friday morning when the call came and it woke me up so I let it go to answerphone and then called them back a while later.

I didn’t realise that I have the right to dispute/challenge whatever they offer.

Part of me also feels guilty if I were to ask for a taxi cos I know it costs them money. But another part of me doesn’t feel guilty because they should be using the money to staff my local station anyway.

I’m sorry I already know most of the Forum disagree with me but I don’t go along with that GWR can’t staff the station at times like this. I feel they are making a CHOICE not to.

And I know I’ll get backlash on here for saying that but it’s what I genuinely believe.

The taxi should be automatic. It isn't something for specific people who have notes on their account. If the station cannot provide the necessary assistance (either through staffing issues, or maybe a lift out of use) then the policy would be a taxi.

Depending on the company used, and the details you provided to passenger assist (including permission to share this info), you could expect the taxi to contact you with details of the vehicle that's coming (registration, car type etc) and a means of contacting the driver to check where they are and where you need to be (given there might not be staff to meet you).

Obviously the company can suggest other alternatives, in case you are willing and able to travel at a different time, but if you must travel at that time then ask for them to book a suitable taxi and don't feel guilty. Nobody can know if they're purposely not bothering to staff a station, but whatever the reason it shouldn't impact your ability to travel.
 

Kath123

On Moderation
Joined
2 Jul 2024
Messages
240
Location
Somerset, UK
I believe from a previous thread that the OP is registered blind or has visual impairment that requires them to be escorted from the station entrance to the train, possibly that the route requires a barrow crossing or footbridge.

This cannot be expected of train crew as that would require leaving the train, heading to the opposite platform and escorting the OP to the train, ensuing a large delays for all passengers.

(Apologies to the OP if my recollection is incorrect)

Thank you for explaining this. You are right that due to the layout at my local stations what you have said is entirely correct for many scenarios. On this occasion though the train would have been due to come in on platform 1 at Pen Mill so there would have been step free access making it possible for me to reach the platform alone. Providing the platform didn’t change.


What is it that only station staff can do for you that the train crew can't? What it is that cannot be done by the train crew that means you require a taxi to the nearest staffed station?

I suffer from severe anxiety (for which I am on various medications) and panicked what if the train crew don’t receive the information to help/don’t assist. They also have a number of things to focus on and might forget.

Also I wasn’t told where on the platform to stand to wait for them. I have a little bit of sight but am registered blind - if the train crew did not approach me for any reason then I do not have enough sight to be able to find them for myself. Unless you have had the experience of being registered blind stood on a platform full of people and trying to find staff it is hard to explain how very difficult and scary this situation can be.

There are also other things such as if the station is busy station staff may help me to find a seat on the platform/at the station to wait and they are able to read the display to let me know how long my train is going to be.

I was also worried I may not have been able to buy my ticket before travel - because I am slow doing things online many ticketing websites time me out and although I use assistive technology/Accessibility settings on my phone some websites are more accessible than others.

As explained above on this occasion the train is usually due to come into platform 1 at Pen Mill which does have step free access but if for some reason it is changed to platform 3 I would have needed station staff to guide me across the barrow crossing or the stepped footbridge. I think GWR has agreed I’m not very safe doing these things on my own. I feel unsteady on the steps often and I’ve received mixed messages whether I am allowed to use the barrow crossing alone with the majority of GWR staff saying no. Train crew would not be able to assist with this.

Although I felt uncomfortable with what was offered (and this might have been right or wrong of me) I don’t want this thread to turn into a debate about that.

My main concern remains that Yeovil Pen Mill will not have staffing during hours it should be staffed.
Complain directly to Mark Hopwood the GWR MD

I haven’t yet made a formal complaint but when I’ve complained to Mark previously the complaint is usually sent on to the Accessibility Manager who then gets someone from Customer Services to reply.
Unfortunately, they probably currently think that they did meet the OP's needs. They will only know what the OP has told them. Currently, I suspect that all they know is that the OP was happy to accept the solution they offered.

It is all very well telling everyone on this forum about the issue, but GWR need to be told. They can't be expected to rectify something that the OP has not made them aware needs rectifying.

This is a good point. I haven’t yet submitted a formal complaint. I have sent a few e-mails to the Accessibility Manager and the Station Manager (who are not based at the station). Unfortunately I was upset and rather emotional when I wrote them so they were not written well.

I have explained to them I have made the decision to no longer use Yeovil Pen Mill station as I have to protect my health which has been effected by the erratic and random staffing at the station over the past 7+ years.

It will impact my life no longer feeling able to use the station but the situation with Pen Mill re staffing and a number of assistance failures over the years has caused me serious distress and I can take no more. I was so upset on Saturday that there was nearly a serious incident but I don’t want to talk about it.

It has been disheartening that I have tried to provide feedback to GWR over the years and tried to help/fight for the station but it has come to no avail.

Central GWR and Regional Managers need to do more to support Yeovil Pen Mill but I cannot force them to do so.
 
Last edited:

DDB

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2011
Messages
727
To me this sounds like the sort of thing that could be usefully raised with your MP.
 

Dr Hoo

Established Member
Joined
10 Nov 2015
Messages
5,692
Location
Hope Valley
It would appear that there is an ongoing shortage of relief station staff for GWR’s Yeovil area. It isn’t clear whether this is because of recruitment or training backlogs, budget restrictions or establishment limits imposed through DfT ‘micromanagement’, or whatever. It would certainly help the OP’s engagement with her MP if it is possible to find out what the underlying reasons are.
 

gray1404

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2014
Messages
7,639
Location
Merseyside
I believe from a previous thread that the OP is registered blind or has visual impairment that requires them to be escorted from the station entrance to the train, possibly that the route requires a barrow crossing or footbridge.

This cannot be expected of train crew as that would require leaving the train, heading to the opposite platform and escorting the OP to the train, ensuing a large delays for all passengers.

(Apologies to the OP if my recollection is incorrect)
In that case it's definitely a taxi to another station then. It's important that the OP asserts themselves and expressly asks for this. Nevertheless it's not ideal having to find the said taxi and goto another station.
 

LAX54

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2008
Messages
3,906
It would appear that there is an ongoing shortage of relief station staff for GWR’s Yeovil area. It isn’t clear whether this is because of recruitment or training backlogs, budget restrictions or establishment limits imposed through DfT ‘micromanagement’, or whatever. It would certainly help the OP’s engagement with her MP if it is possible to find out what the underlying reasons are.
Sometimes staff shortages are simply because no one wants the job. (but that is going off at a tangent and not for this thread)
 

Dr Hoo

Established Member
Joined
10 Nov 2015
Messages
5,692
Location
Hope Valley
Sometimes staff shortages are simply because no one wants the job. (but that is going off at a tangent and not for this thread)
Having previously been responsible for managing station staffing I am well aware that some jobs are ‘hard to fill’ for various reasons.

Unlike some cases where there seems to be good local knowledge from Forum members within the industry that can help to tease the underlying issues and causes out there seems to be a vacuum of genuine insight beyond the OP’s unfortunate experiences.

Can anybody explain what is really going on with GWR in relation to Yeovil? (I’m obviously not talking about individual cases of sickness or other personal situations.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top