• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thoughts on the Trump presidency

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Killingworth

Established Member
Joined
30 May 2018
Messages
6,496
Location
Sheffield
'Beware of an old man in a hurry'

Trump is convinced he's already the greatest President of all time but after being deprived of his second consecutive term his ego demands notable achievements to prove it to future generations.

The history books may mark his peace making efforts. They may even be successful, although all 8 of the wars he suggests he's stopped could flare up again, maybe before he's left office. But he was involved.

Adding 22% extra land area to the US with Greenland would make a massive difference to the Mercator projection world map - the 'Trump purchase'. For defence he could have access now for virtually nothing. Greenlanders would be happy to licence mineral and oil extraction - subject to their environmental conditions. Enforcing those conditions could be difficult. But licencing extraction and authorising bases wouldn't add 22% to the land area wouldn't be added. To add that territory in the 250th anniversary year would really swell his head - so he mustn't.

If he got Greenland he's already suggested he wants Canada too. We know he can't stand Carney, not least because he talks logical sense which Donald can't understand. We may have worse to come!
 

Krokodil

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2023
Messages
6,607
Location
Wales
16,500 dead in Iran. I thought that TACO was going to bomb them or something if they did this?
 

martin butler

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2018
Messages
883
As regards trumps insult to the other Nato countries that lost people who fought alongside the US, I'm angered, but not surprised, the rest of NATO stood up to him, and he said it out of spite, this is who he is, an out-of-control toddler, and those around him are just as bad,

I think the time has come now to seriously reconsider our relations with the trump government, first step should be each US ambassador being summoned into the foreign office of each NATO country and given a dressing down, told in blunt terms, that this is an insult and there will be further action coming,

Secondly, we cancel involvement with US on world cup, and other things like trade meetings, any Nato exercises planned the US will not be invited, and visits by heads of state to the US all be canceled,
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,949
Location
Devon
I wonder how many of those people heeded Trump's message that "help was on the way".

I’ve not really been following it, but is he sending anything in that direction? Aircraft carriers etc?
 

JamesT

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2015
Messages
4,904
I’ve not really been following it, but is he sending anything in that direction? Aircraft carriers etc?
Yes https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...us-armada-heading-middle-east-iran-death-toll
The aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln and several guided-missile destroyers are due to arrive in the Middle East in the coming days. Additional air defence systems are being deployed, most likely around US and Israeli airbases. The UK said it would send RAF Eurofighter Typhoon jets from 12 Squadron to Qatar, at Doha’s request.
What they would attack to help the protestors is another question.
 

Annetts key

Established Member
Joined
13 Feb 2021
Messages
3,829
Location
West is best
I’ve not really been following it, but is he sending anything in that direction? Aircraft carriers etc?
The U.S. is now responding. Previously, there was no carrier battle group anywhere near the area. It being more important to Trump to have a carrier group near Venezuela...

Of the carriers that are operational and not in port (for scheduled maintenance):
  • USS Abraham Lincoln - on route to the Middle East, previously it had been operating in the South China Sea.
  • USS George H.W. Bush - Currently in the Western Atlantic. Unknown where she will be deployed.
  • USS Gerald R. Ford - In the Caribbean. Has been involved with the Venezuelan operations.
  • USS Theodore Roosevelt - In the Eastern Pacific

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Someone who is medically trained has estimated less than that. Unfortunately I wasn't signed in to YouTube so it's not in my history but the doctor said that he would be surprised if DJT was still able to discharge the duties of the office of President in three months time.

I shall hunt and see if I can find it.
I don't think this is the video that is being referred to, but this video does have a discussion on Trumps health.
Description of the above video from YouTube:
YouTube said:
MeidasTouch host Ben Meiselas reports on Donald Trump’s health rapidly deteriorating and it’s now becoming a major topic that the country and world is talking about an his womb aides are terrified.
 
Last edited:

GusB

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2016
Messages
8,167
Location
Elginshire
Another ICE shooting in Minnesota.


Man shot by federal officers in Minneapolis has died - reports​

A 51-year-old man shot by federal immigration officers in Minneapolis has died, a hospital record obtained by the Associated Press shows.

CNN has also reported that the man shot during the federal immigration enforcement operation in Minneapolis has died this morning. The Minnesota Star Tribune has also reported the man has been killed.
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,943
Location
UK

The above video shows the shooting (7 shots?) and it looks very much like an execution. [Warning; it's quite graphic]

It's alleged the victim had a gun. As you'll see in the video, there's a star witness who I hope wasn't intercepted to have her phone taken away (or indeed herself taken away).

Update: On Reddit (use caution as it's speculation) there is someone saying she was detained along with other witnesses nearby. Also, the victim was apparently wearing mittens so likely didn't pull a gun - but perhaps was just carrying one (and in the USA, that's a thing, right? As in there's some sort of amendment they keep mentioning from time to time?).
 
Last edited:

GusB

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2016
Messages
8,167
Location
Elginshire

The above video shows the shooting (7 shots?) and it looks very much like an execution. [Warning; it's quite graphic]

It's alleged the victim had a gun. As you'll see in the video, there's a star witness who I hope wasn't intercepted to have her phone taken away (or indeed herself taken away).

Update: On Reddit (use caution as it's speculation) there is someone saying she was detained along with other witnesses nearby. Also, the victim was apparently wearing mittens so likely didn't pull a gun - but perhaps was just carrying one (and in the USA, that's a thing, right? As in there's some sort of amendment they keep mentioning from time to time?).
That's utterly shocking. It's cold blooded murder, nothing else.
 

Gloster

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Sep 2020
Messages
13,040
Location
Up the creek
No doubt Bullshot Barbie will soon be telling us that he was a violent terrorist set on destroying apple pie. And once she has said it, all the other Trump acolytes and Fox News will agree because, well, if Trump’s mouthpiece says it is so, then it must be so.
 

BAFRA77

Member
Joined
5 Jul 2023
Messages
276
Location
Worcester
Minneapolis police chief Brian O’Hara has said the city authorities know the identity of the man killed by federal officers this morning, but the name is not being released at this time.

He described the person shot dead as a white man, a resident of the city and a US citizen. O’Hara said the victim was 37 years old

O’Hara said that the Minnesota authorities have put national guard troops on stand-by.

Quotes from Minneapolis Police Chief (from Guardian coverage)

 

Krokodil

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2023
Messages
6,607
Location
Wales
It's alleged the victim had a gun.
That they were presumably legally allowed to carry (Second Amendment).

It was holstered and was removed by another agent several seconds before one started emptying his magazine into the victim.

OK, this is nothing like the scale of the Iranian regime's murders, but the scale is the only difference.
 

Purple Train

Established Member
Joined
16 Jul 2022
Messages
2,476
Location
Exile or exile
That they were presumably legally allowed to carry (Second Amendment).

It was holstered and was removed by another agent several seconds before one started emptying his magazine into the victim.

OK, this is nothing like the scale of the Iranian regime's murders, but the scale is the only difference.
Agreed. I don't like throwing around the word "murder" without a person being convicted of it, but this looks almost beyond that. Obviously we are not in the possession of all the facts, but there are certainly terms stronger than "murder" which I would be tempted to apply.

Hopefully this will be a further tipping point - but the fact that it is costing (in my opinion) blameless lives should hopefully put to bed any notion that the US is a country which is anything but broken and dysfunctional.
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,943
Location
UK
Another angle showing what happened before.


This man was NOT brandishing a firearm. He was holding his phone. He then put his body between ICE thugs and woman. He was then sprayed with a chemical agent, tackled, disarmed, and executed. Plain as day. DO NOT let them tell you otherwise.

Plus this; footage from the lady in pink that you could see in the video I posted earlier.

[EXTREME WARNING: This is a totally unedited video of the shooting]

 
Last edited:

Bantamzen

Established Member
Joined
4 Dec 2013
Messages
10,508
Location
Cheshire
Agreed. I don't like throwing around the word "murder" without a person being convicted of it, but this looks almost beyond that. Obviously we are not in the possession of all the facts, but there are certainly terms stronger than "murder" which I would be tempted to apply.

Hopefully this will be a further tipping point - but the fact that it is costing (in my opinion) blameless lives should hopefully put to bed any notion that the US is a country which is anything but broken and dysfunctional.
I'll jump in here and say what others aren't saying, it was a public execution. There's no other way to say it.

You can see in that video that the victim first tries to help a fellow protestor who ICE had pushed to the ground, and as he was doing do the same agent proceeds to spray him with some chemicals, then other agents pile on, beat the crap out of him then fire multiple shots even as they backed away from what was no clearly a dead man. Ever since that human abomination Stephen Miller told ICE agents that they had full immunity, the clock was ticking on an event like this. And sure as the sun rises in the morning, another person has been killed by ICE. Make no mistake, this won't be the last time either, and I can sense from what people in that state and beyond are saying online that things are about to spiral out of control.

The only way to stop it will be to remove Trump and his megalomaniacs from office as soon as possible.
 

Purple Train

Established Member
Joined
16 Jul 2022
Messages
2,476
Location
Exile or exile
I'll jump in here and say what others aren't saying, it was a public execution. There's no other way to say it.
That was the phrase I had in mind. I haven't watched the video because I can't deal with anything stronger than Disney's Robin Hood but you and others have provided harrowing enough descriptions that I get the gist!
You can see in that video that the victim first tries to help a fellow protestor who ICE had pushed to the ground, and as he was doing do the same agent proceeds to spray him with some chemicals, then other agents pile on, beat the crap out of him then fire multiple shots even as they backed away from what was no clearly a dead man. Ever since that human abomination Stephen Miller told ICE agents that they had full immunity, the clock was ticking on an event like this. And sure as the sun rises in the morning, another person has been killed by ICE. Make no mistake, this won't be the last time either, and I can sense from what people in that state and beyond are saying online that things are about to spiral out of control.

The only way to stop it will be to remove Trump and his megalomaniacs from office as soon as possible.
Agreed. It's sickening. Meanwhile the architects of this destruction are busy convincing us that the UK is in crisis, on the brink of civil war, etc. etc. etc.
 
Last edited:

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,943
Location
UK
Ever since that human abomination Stephen Miller told ICE agents that they had full immunity, the clock was ticking on an event like this. And sure as the sun rises in the morning, another person has been killed by ICE. Make no mistake, this won't be the last time either, and I can sense from what people in that state and beyond are saying online that things are about to spiral out of control.

The only way to stop it will be to remove Trump and his megalomaniacs from office as soon as possible.

It's what Trump 'needs'. Stephen Miller knew this and planned this, because more protestors will now come out. More will film ICE and keep an eye on them.

Then ICE will continue to say they're being obstructed and more people will be hurt, or killed.

Eventually the Government will invoke powers to remove people's freedoms to move around and try to set in motion the processes to delay or halt the mid-term elections.

I am not sure if protests will spread to other states, but I'm sure there are already plans to goad people in more states to ensure things get out of control.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

That was the phrase I had in mind. I haven't watched the video because I can't deal with anything stronger than Disney's Robin Hood but you and others have providing harrowing enough descriptions that I get the gist!

I am absolutely not saying anyone has to watch someone being shot multiple times, but I am glad I did because it is something people really do need to see. It's shockingly violent, but it's real life and people need to see what's going on.

X and Fox will likely not show the video, or show edited footage alongside the picture of the gun, and spin the narrative that he was trying to kill all the ICE agents, but these videos (and there may be more) expose the lies.

When the next incident occurs, I hope there will be people there to film it too. There will be a point where the people will hopefully rise up and even many Republicans realise enough is enough.

I think we should all wait and see what Joe Rogan says. With his massive audience, he has the power to change opinions and I think he's slowly waking up and realising what he's been partially responsible for. It's never too late to realise this.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,590
Location
LBK
Another ICE murder. Execution style. A very lost country right now.
 

Railwaycat

Member
Joined
15 Jul 2023
Messages
277
Location
Derbyshire
Another angle showing what happened before.




Plus this; footage from the lady in pink that you could see in the video I posted earlier.

[EXTREME WARNING: This is a totally unedited video of the shooting]


I just cant believe what I've just watched, that is one of the most upsetting things I've ever seen. Unbelievable.
 

Pegpilot

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2020
Messages
120
Location
Northants
Have a listen to "Ohio" by CSNY 56 years ago about the murders by the National Guard of 4 student protestors. Not so different days, and hopefully it will lead to a similar change in public attitudes
 

Bantamzen

Established Member
Joined
4 Dec 2013
Messages
10,508
Location
Cheshire
It's what Trump 'needs'. Stephen Miller knew this and planned this, because more protestors will now come out. More will film ICE and keep an eye on them.

Then ICE will continue to say they're being obstructed and more people will be hurt, or killed.

Eventually the Government will invoke powers to remove people's freedoms to move around and try to set in motion the processes to delay or halt the mid-term elections.

I am not sure if protests will spread to other states, but I'm sure there are already plans to goad people in more states to ensure things get out of control.
Given that Trump fully intends to expand the areas ICE will operate in, I'm certain that in places like NYC & LA they are hoping for a violent reaction. And unfortunately they will probably get one.

I am absolutely not saying anyone has to watch someone being shot multiple times, but I am glad I did because it is something people really do need to see. It's shockingly violent, but it's real life and people need to see what's going on.

X and Fox will likely not show the video, or show edited footage alongside the picture of the gun, and spin the narrative that he was trying to kill all the ICE agents, but these videos (and there may be more) expose the lies.

When the next incident occurs, I hope there will be people there to film it too. There will be a point where the people will hopefully rise up and even many Republicans realise enough is enough.

I think we should all wait and see what Joe Rogan says. With his massive audience, he has the power to change opinions and I think he's slowly waking up and realising what he's been partially responsible for. It's never too late to realise this.
It's nothing short of shocking watch the moment that man is put to death, and equally was the violence used prior to the agents opening fire. They were quite clearly motivated to get stuck into a fight, using their sheer weight of numbers to overpower the man. It's not fully clear what triggered the first agent to draw and fire his weapon, but at the time the man appeared to be in some serious distress having taken quite a beating. I have heard rumours that I can't confirm that after the killing, a number of agents were on his body seemingly frantically looking for his gun. I've also heard rumours that the woman that filmed the video from close range was also detained, although again I can't confirm that. Make of that what you will if any of it is true.

But either way, this was a dark and sinister event. ICE seem now to be moving to "untouchable" status, innocent US civilians simply trying to protest their actions are being killed in cold blood. And this is likely to head towards a violent response, and potentially see a huge escalation in trouble right across the US.
 

Krokodil

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2023
Messages
6,607
Location
Wales
Given that Trump fully intends to expand the areas ICE will operate in, I'm certain that in places like NYC & LA they are hoping for a violent reaction. And unfortunately they will probably get one.
The only way that the states can fight this is by working together. If the Minnesota Governor uses the National Guard to eject ICE from the state then Trump invokes the Insurrection Act and send the army in. However if California, Oregon, Washington (state), Illinois etc. all do the same in unison then he can't send the army into all of them. The governors would need to trust that the Guardsmen are loyal to their state though, and wouldn't just take orders from Trump when he attempts to federalise them.
 

Gloster

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Sep 2020
Messages
13,040
Location
Up the creek
Have a listen to "Ohio" by CSNY 56 years ago about the murders by the National Guard of 4 student protestors. Not so different days, and hopefully it will lead to a similar change in public attitudes

But in those days you had a sufficiently large amount of genuine news journalism that was read or watched by a large section of the public. Nowadays you have a massive amount of bias in much of the media, while many people only get their news from sources that feed them what they want to hear.
 

STINT47

Member
Joined
16 Aug 2020
Messages
874
Location
Nottingham
The only way that the states can fight this is by working together. If the Minnesota Governor uses the National Guard to eject ICE from the state then Trump invokes the Insurrection Act and send the army in. However if California, Oregon, Washington (state), Illinois etc. all do the same in unison then he can't send the army into all of them. The governors would need to trust that the Guardsmen are loyal to their state though, and wouldn't just take orders from Trump when he attempts to federalise them.
If this happens it could be classed as civil war.
 

brad465

Veteran Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
11,542
Location
Taunton or Kent
If this happens it could be classed as civil war.
This is exactly what I was thinking, and at this point the tech bros, Wall Street and several other wealthy influential interests in the US would have to intervene and try to stop it, because a US Civil War II would make 1929 look like a bad trading day and a dollar collapse that makes Weimar Germany look like carnival confetti display.
 

Top