GusB
Established Member
By "local" I actually meant "from Scotland", rather than being from the immediate locality; I understand that for such an event there will be a significant influx of officers from elsewhere in Scotland, as well as from the UK as a whole.I wouldn't read too much into the specific police forces.
The Forth Road Bridge was closed on Friday/Saturday due to some Greenpeace protesters, and a lot of the vans around weren't Police Scotland. At Grangemouth we've had loads of Heddlu vans and mostly people are just spotting the officers taking photos of the Kelpies.
Police Scotland is a weird one because it covers a monumentally large geographic area. I mean we have 1 police force covering the whole country compared to Wales which is less than a third of our size and has 4 police forces. The Police Scotland car you see in Edinburgh may have come from Wick or Stornoway.
Either way, it's costing us a bloody fortune!
The police union is certainly none too happy about it.
Scottish Police Federation seek legal advice ahead of Trump visit
The group, which represents rank-and-file officers, says workforce agreements have been breached.
The organisation that represents rank-and-file police officers has expressed concerns about excessive working hours during President Donald Trump's visit to Scotland later this week.
The Scottish Police Federation (SPF) said workforce agreements - designed to protect officers and provide minimum health and safety - have been breached.
The federation is now seeking advice over the possibility of legal action against Police Scotland.
Assistant Chief Constable Emma Bond said: "We are working closely with the Scottish Police Federation to address any concerns they may have."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cr5v93y90n0o
David Kennedy, general secretary of the SPF, earlier said there were concerns over how many days in a row officers would have to work and notice periods.
He told BBC Scotland News his members were governed by workforce agreements as opposed to employment law.
Mr Kennedy said: "There are breaches taking place within those workforce agreements which we are really deeply concerned about.
"We are now having to seek whether or not we are going to have to take action against the service because of it."
He added some officers were currently scheduled to work "12 hour plus days" and as many as 10 days in a row.
If I knew, I'd have baked a cake!Sorry about that. I meant to pop in.![]()