There are some modern cars where the correct procedure for replacing the front headlights requires removing the wheel. Not exactly a quick roadside fix!
BMW get round this with their indicators by not providing any!
There are some modern cars where the correct procedure for replacing the front headlights requires removing the wheel. Not exactly a quick roadside fix!
Plus Audi, but for some unfathomable reason, white models are the worstBMW get round this with their indicators by not providing any!

There is a theory that BMW have designed their cars with indicators, but there's a perennial shortage. The owners have been advised that a team of fitters will be sent out as soon as the parts become available, and that they could need access to both sides of the car at any time.BMW get round this with their indicators by not providing any!
But do try building a flimsy multi candle holder contraption from old coathangers wrapped in flammable tinselWhen television presenters would say "Don't try this at home!" before some daft/ dangerous activity was shown e.g. Blue Peter.
That is an era that I do not miss. 88888 (Jamba?) used to be advertised on telly quite frequently and people didn't realise that they were actually signing up for a subscription service.
I was working for one of the big networks at the time and dealing with the fallout was a massive headache. We had parents calling up complaining that their kids' prepay credit was being swallowed up or that their bills were enormous.
Really, - plenty of shoe shoips around here.Shoe shops.
I used to work in a shoe recycling factory,totally sole destroying !Really, - plenty of shoe shoips around here.
Kenwood Chef electric food mixers complete with bowl, liquidiser attachment and dial to adjust speed of mixing.
I can get safety boots from Screwfix. Trainers & football boots from Sports Direct or JD Sports. Hiking & climbing footware from Go Outdoors. Slippers from Home Bargains….. but general footware from………. nowhereReally, - plenty of shoe shoips around here.
Don't know where you're based, but it seems surprising that a town with all the above doesn't have at least one Schuh, Office, Deichmann, Clarks, Wynsors or Shoezone nearby.I can get safety boots from Screwfix. Trainers & football boots from Sports Direct or JD Sports. Hiking & climbing footware from Go Outdoors. Slippers from Home Bargains….. but general footware from………. nowhere![]()
Or Next, Pavers and M&S. In Rugeley, there's a Stead & Simpson, Peacocks, LFS, and a fair selection in the neighbouring settlements of Litchfield, Stafford and Brownhills. That's pretty good for a town of just over 26,000 population. Just how many shoe shops do you expect to see.Don't know where you're based, but it seems surprising that a town with all the above doesn't have at least one Schuh, Office, Deichmann, Clarks, Wynsors or Shoezone nearby.
Or Hotter![]()
Nope, not around here. There's a long-established local retailer that has two outlets in town and TK Maxx sells footwear, but all the traditional shoe shops have gone.Really, - plenty of shoe shoips around
Reminds me of when I was staying in a Hayling Island hotel in 1976. Also staying there was a group of guys who were attending a training course on the latest model Kenwood Chef at the Thorn factory in Havant. They were a friendly lot.Food processors and blenders: all products | Kenwood GB
Discover Kenwood food processors, blenders, and mini choppers: versatile, powerful, and designed to simplify your kitchen tasks.www.kenwoodworld.com
Link to Kenwood food mixer site
Out of date. Stead & Simpson closed many years ago. Yes we have a Peacocks which is ok if all you want are cheap plastic shoes. I did get my crocs from there though.In Rugeley, there's a Stead & Simpson, Peacocks….
There are two Kenwood Chefette bowls on my kitchen window sill, with plants growing in them. Must be over 30 years since we had the machine they went with…Reminds me of when I was staying in a Hayling Island hotel in 1976. Also staying there was a group of guys who were attending a training course on the latest model Kenwood Chef at the Thorn factory in Havant. They were a friendly lot.
At that time, Thorn were phasing out the old (701) model and selling off the excess mixing bowl stock to staff. One of the guys got me a couple, excellent as general purpose bowls made (I think) of acetal, very tough and still in regular use. Cost, 10p each! According to the BoE inflation calculator, about 68p today.
I actually liked having a proper spare. And was quite adept at jacking up etc. What I was guilty of (among many things) was delaying calling in to have my flat repaired or replaced. Meant I drove around with a "spare" in the boot which was actually only decorative.Contrariwise: when car tyres were expected to fail catastrophically with such frequency that it was necessary to lug an extra one around with you all the time, rather than a compact and lightweight puncture repair kit.
When television presenters would say "Don't try this at home!" before some daft/ dangerous activity was shown e.g. Blue Peter.
It was often included as a get out when giving information about products and services. Ever since the introduction of the Trade Description Act 1968, and it's several updates, consumer law has tightened to reduce the use of the abbreviation in anything implying transactional conditions.Usage of E&OE (errors and omissions excepted) seems to have fallen out of favour at some point in the previous century. It was usually seen in publicity materials by businesses and also periodicals.
Which is also symptomatic - we can find out within seconds the entire world’s opinion about some minor US celebrity (or anything else we want / don’t want to know) but are much less aware of what’s going on in our immediate surroundings.Out of utter ignorance, I was going to post "jumble sales", being unaware of any for years, but a quick preliminary search displayed, to my surprise, lots of events happening right now.
The only time I have ever needed to replace a tyre roadside (so far) was at 7.30pm on Christmas Eve (Thursday IIRC) with several commitments to driving over the following few days. Was I glad that Skoda put full spares in!I actually liked having a proper spare. And was quite adept at jacking up etc. What I was guilty of (among many things) was delaying calling in to have my flat repaired or replaced. Meant I drove around with a "spare" in the boot which was actually only decorative.
Memories, of a hot day driving up the M1 near Wakefield and realising rear nearside had deflated suddenly - just after entering a contra flow section! Suited and on the way to a business meeting in Leeds.The only time I have ever needed to replace a tyre roadside (so far) was at 7.30pm on Christmas Eve (Thursday IIRC) with several commitments to driving over the following few days. Was I glad that Skoda put full spares in!
Replaced by T&Cs applyUsage of E&OE (errors and omissions excepted) seems to have fallen out of favour at some point in the previous century. It was usually seen in publicity materials by businesses and also periodicals.
But don’t even bother to try and read themReplaced by T&Cs apply
I always thought it was errors and omissions exemptUsage of E&OE (errors and omissions excepted) seems to have fallen out of favour at some point in the previous century. It was usually seen in publicity materials by businesses and also periodicals.