• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2017
Messages
3,506
Location
Leicestershire
We walk outside to the bus stops and await the 1500 Arriva Beds & Bucks service 3 to Kingston, District Centre arriving there at 1533 on Thursday.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
Twice in a week now I've been preoccupied my post in work and I've been thwarted! :lol: was just about to post a move to Liverpool.

We next board the 1553 Uno service C1 to Bedford (St Paul's Square), arriving there at 1700 on Thursday afternoon.
 

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2017
Messages
3,506
Location
Leicestershire
Good to stay sane at work though, I do the same!! Unfortunately I seem to find that i'm to preoccupied and forget what i'm meant to be doing!!!

Next up we wait for the 1731 Grant Palmer service 42 to Toddington, Station Rd arriving at 1829 on Thursday.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
Well there doesn't appear to be any services from here now so that's it, so in the morning we return for the 0718 Grant Palmer service 42 to Kempston Interchange Park, arriving there at 0816 on Friday morning.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
We take the four minute walk into the railway station and, heading south, board the 0929 Thameslink service 9T21 to Preston Park, arriving there at 1138 on Friday morning.
 

-Colly405-

Member
Joined
25 May 2018
Messages
881
Location
Stoke Gifford
We walk (2 min / 0.1 mile) to the Town Bridge bus stop, where we arrive just in time to board the 1926 First West of England service Discover D1. We alight at Bath Bus Station (Bay 10) at 1959 on Friday.

Where the walk is less than 5 minutes, can we make a less than 5 minute connection, or does the minimum connection time fo 5 minutes still apply?
If this departure breaks the rules then we depart instead at 2026, arriving at 2059.
 

Vexed

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2020
Messages
670
Location
Herts / Hants
We just miss the 1452 which could (excluding current engineering work) could get us as far as Edinbourough.

We take the 1505 West Midland Trains service to Watford Junction, arriving at 1533 on Thursday afternoon.


Completely lost the plot... A few posts behind. I'll let someone else do this one.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
Completely lost the plot...
Mood :lol:
Where the walk is less than 5 minutes, can we make a less than 5 minute connection, or does the minimum connection time fo 5 minutes still apply?
If this departure breaks the rules then we depart instead at 2026, arriving at 2059.
I think it's okay; to be fair the bus stop is literally outside the station so it would be immensely tricky to miss it.

Making use of a service that only runs once a day over this particular section (hence the class D headcode as opposed to F), we enter the railway station next to the bus station and board the 2037 Great Western Railway service 1D91 to Botley, arriving there at 2233 on Thursday evening.
 

-Colly405-

Member
Joined
25 May 2018
Messages
881
Location
Stoke Gifford
Help! I think I may be in a parallel universe at the moment, as arriving at Bath at 1959 on Friday, I can't find 1D91 at or around 2037 to Botley on Thursday or Friday. Equally, I can't find a 2234 or 2241 from Botley to Portsmouth & Southsea.
Think I'm going to wait for someone else to post the next move then I'll hopefully have a clue what is happening :)
As you were 8-)
 

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2017
Messages
3,506
Location
Leicestershire
Help! I think I may be in a parallel universe at the moment, as arriving at Bath at 1959 on Friday, I can't find 1D91 at or around 2037 to Botley on Thursday or Friday. Equally, I can't find a 2234 or 2241 from Botley to Portsmouth & Southsea.
Think I'm going to wait for someone else to post the next move then I'll hopefully have a clue what is happening :)
As you were 8-)
i assume its this
 

-Colly405-

Member
Joined
25 May 2018
Messages
881
Location
Stoke Gifford
Seems like I'd deselected VAR in RTT so it wasn't showing 1D91 or 1F91 for this week!!!

Letting my confusion die down, we wait awhile and board 2P86, SWR's 2324 service towards Guildford, where we alight at 0038 on Saturday morning.
 

Vexed

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2020
Messages
670
Location
Herts / Hants
Let's hope I can get this one right. We use the specific wording in the rules that the two waiting hour limit only starts after the first available service (Stagecoach South's 0119 N1 circular, no other trains). Alternatively we use the 2300 to 0500 night time waiting rule.

We take First Berkshire & Thames Valley's RA2 service at 0310 from the bus stop outside the station to Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, arriving at 0408.
 

-Colly405-

Member
Joined
25 May 2018
Messages
881
Location
Stoke Gifford
All good; just need to make sure you note the gameplay day of the week.

We leave from stand 10 at 0500 on the Oxford Bus Company the airline OXF, alighting at Headington (Brookes University, stop B4) at 0608 on Saturday.
 

Vexed

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2020
Messages
670
Location
Herts / Hants
We continue on Thames Travel's X32, departing at 0623 to Didcot Parkway Station, arriving at 0707 on Saturday morning.
 

Vexed

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2020
Messages
670
Location
Herts / Hants
We take Faresaver's 33 service at 0840 from the bus stop outside the station to Calne (Bank House), arriving at 0901 on Saturday.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
Intrigued as to how we have ended up back in Wessex/Wiltshire territory for a third time, we next board the 0914 Stagecoach West Gold service 55 to Swindon (Great Western Outlet Village), arriving there at 1005 on Saturday morning.
 

Vexed

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2020
Messages
670
Location
Herts / Hants
We continue towards the station on Swindon's Bus Company's (great name!) 22 service, departing at 1010 and we alight at Swindon Railway Station at 1014 on Saturday.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
We exit the railway station to the bus stop outside the station, where we board the 1141 Stagecoach West service D to Bishops Cleeve (The Swallow), arriving there at 1215 on Saturday afternoon.
 

Vexed

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2020
Messages
670
Location
Herts / Hants
As D is the only bus stopping here on Saturday, we take a 7 min / 0.3 mile walk to Bishop’s Cleeve (Petrol Station) and take Stagecoach West's T service at 1311 to Tewkesbury (Boots), arriving at 1337 on Saturday.
 

Top