• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2017
Messages
3,506
Location
Leicestershire
We then catch the 2255 Scottish Citylink AIR to Glasgow Buchanan Street Bus Station, arriving at 2349 on Friday Night.
Hoping someone can try get to McInroy's Point in Gourock
Has this move not broken the 5 min connection rule, the previous move arriving at 2254?
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
We take advantage of the overnight travel relaxation rule and board the 0607 McGills service 22 to North Barr (the bus stop near Sempill Avenue on Bargarran Road) that arrives there at 0643 on Saturday morning.
Following the revelation that we can travel from Edinburgh Airport to Glasgow an hour later, which bares no difference to the next day, we continue on the 0655 McGills service 23 to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, arriving there at 0733 on Saturday morning.
 

-Colly405-

Member
Joined
25 May 2018
Messages
881
Location
Stoke Gifford
We let a couple of short workings go before we board the 0824 First Greater Glasgow service 8 from stop 4. We alight at Robroyston (Asda Supermaeket) at 0952 on Saturday.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
We next board the 1049 First Glasgow service X87 to Waterside (Turning Circle), arriving there at 1108 on Saturday morning.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
We next board the 1245 Craigs of Cumbernauld service 72 to Possilpark (Saracen Street), arriving there at 1313 on Saturday afternoon.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,484
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
General Query....are there two different places , one called Possil and the other called Possilpark? I am confused in what some online timetables tell me, so it is best if I don't make a wrong posting.

When I saw the area name, I was reminded of Dame Edna Everage....aka Barry Humphries.
 
Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
General Query....are there two different places , one called Possil and the other called Possilpark? I am confused in what some online timetables tell me, so it is best if I don't make a wrong posting.

When I saw the area name, I was reminded of Dame Edna Everage....aka Barry Humphries.
I'm personally unaware of an area called Possil; I know of Possilpark which is where said stop is, there is a street named Possil Road if that's what you're thinking of?

Possilpark, and neighbouring Parkhouse, directly north of it, are both served by Possilpark & Parkhouse Station. Possilpark is actually centred around Saracen Street itself, the location of the stop in my posting.

I hope my screengrab provides better understanding.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230309_154511_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230309_154511_Maps.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 2

WestieBus

Member
Joined
19 Nov 2020
Messages
45
Location
Scotland
We then catch the 1523 First Greater Glasgow service 77 to Glasgow Airport Terminal Building, arriving there at 1605 on Saturday.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
We next board the 1615 First Glasgow Airport Express service 500 to Glasgow (Blythswood Street), arriving there at 1628 on Saturday afternoon.
 

Vexed

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2020
Messages
679
Location
Herts / Hants
We take a ten minute walk to Anderston and board the 1631 Scotrail service to Motherwell, arriving at 1711 on Saturday.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
Leaving Scotland behind, we next board the 1725 TransPennine Express service 1M92 to Bolton, arriving there at 2006 on Saturday evening.

* For the avoidance of the Carstairs remodelling, I've had to fast forward to a date in June, which I appreciate is after the May timetable change, but I expect services won't be too dissimilar to now.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
We exit the station and take the five minute walk to St Chad's Church, where another excellent connection awaits as we board the 0009 Blackpool Transport service 2C to Victoria Hospital (Main Entrance), arriving there at 0028 in the early hours of Sunday morning.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,484
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
(In real life, five years ago we took the TPE service to Poulton-le-Fylde station then walked to St Chads church (there are two bus stances there) to make the described journey above as my sister-in-law was hospitalised there. It seemed a modern hospital with good facilities for patients, staff and visitors)

We take the 0830 Blackpool Transport service 2C to Knott End on Sea (the bus stop opposite the Bourne Arms PH near the ferry slipway) that arrives there at 0922 on Sunday morning.
 
Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
(In real life, five years ago we took the TPE service to Poulton-le-Fylde station then walked to St Chads church (there are two bus stances there) to make the described journey above as my sister-in-law was hospitalised there. It seemed a modern hospital with good facilities for patients, staff and visitors)
That's the weekday timetable, first service on a Sunday isnt until 0830.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,484
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
@Xenophon PCDGS could we possibly reinstate your move to Knott End, just on the 0830 departure as opposed to the 0535?
I thought that I had done this already. Look at my posting and it shown an edit time of 0744 and your posting was made at 0748. I had to be away early today as I had to travel to Wigan to the suite rooms of my post stroke consultant and it was 1630 hours this afternoon before I finally returned home. I wonder what has happed to the posting amendment that I made? This type of matter last occurred with one of my amended postings about three years ago on the Rugby Union thread.

I now have again made the edit and this time double-checked that it appears in print.
 
Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
I thought that I had done this already. Look at my posting and it shown an edit time of 0744 and your posting was made at 0748. I had to be away early today as I had to travel to Wigan to the suite rooms of my post stroke consultant and it was 1630 hours this afternoon before I finally returned home. I wonder what has happed to the posting amendment that I made? This type of matter last occurred with one of my amended postings about three years ago on the Rugby Union thread.

I now have again made the edit and this time double-checked that it appears in print.
My apologies Paul, I didn't see the amendment!
We take the 0830 Blackpool Transport service 2C to Knott End on Sea (the bus stop opposite the Bourne Arms PH near the ferry slipway) that arrives there at 0922 on Sunday morning.
Making use of a slightly rarer transport form, and one that I'm not sure has been used on here before, we walk to the slipway and board the 0950* ferry service to Fleetwood Ferry, arriving there at 0955* on Sunday morning.

* approximate journey times, services depart Fleetwood at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour and return from Knott End five minutes later; journey times are five minutes.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
We take the two minute walk to stop MA1 on Market Street, where we board the 1055 Blackpool Transport service 6 to Mereside (Langdale Road Shops), arriving there at 1121 on Sunday morning.
 

-Colly405-

Member
Joined
25 May 2018
Messages
881
Location
Stoke Gifford
Going back to Knott End, before I realised that we were in the wrong timings, I had looked into the ferry to Fleetwood but wasn't sure whether to do it or not, as their Facebook page says the ferry is out of the water for its annual service until "no earlier than" March 2nd, with no update since. I'm not suggesting the move using the ferry should be re-considered, just unsure on how such an event should be treated...

We cross the road to the Victoria Square stop where we board Blackpool Transport service 7 at 1327. We alight at St Annes Square, stop 7 at 1431 on Sunday.
 

Top