CSGO
Member
Hi all
So on the 15th march i bought a ticket from shelford to letchworth. It was fully valid. On the way to letchworth i lost the ticket on the train. I know its crazy-it must have fallen out of my pocket. Long story short, i got stopped at the gate and got asked to put down my details. then, 25 days later, i get a letter for the notice of intention to prosecute. After doing research i found that i cannot be taken to magistrates court as i have passed over the 14 day time limit. I put in the letter that i wanted to pay the fine and do an out of court setlement but they want to go ahead any way. I did not bring up the 14 day rule in the letter i sent back to them cos i thought it would look rude. I now got another letter that says they want to take the matter to court.
Can they take me to court even though the letter arrived 11 days over the time limit? I am only 18 and just going into A2 level so a criminal record or any court action would hammer my chances of going to uni!
I am going to email to them about the 14 day thing but i want to check if i am in the right or wrong on my facts.
god bless
So on the 15th march i bought a ticket from shelford to letchworth. It was fully valid. On the way to letchworth i lost the ticket on the train. I know its crazy-it must have fallen out of my pocket. Long story short, i got stopped at the gate and got asked to put down my details. then, 25 days later, i get a letter for the notice of intention to prosecute. After doing research i found that i cannot be taken to magistrates court as i have passed over the 14 day time limit. I put in the letter that i wanted to pay the fine and do an out of court setlement but they want to go ahead any way. I did not bring up the 14 day rule in the letter i sent back to them cos i thought it would look rude. I now got another letter that says they want to take the matter to court.
Can they take me to court even though the letter arrived 11 days over the time limit? I am only 18 and just going into A2 level so a criminal record or any court action would hammer my chances of going to uni!
I am going to email to them about the 14 day thing but i want to check if i am in the right or wrong on my facts.
god bless