• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The next station is...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
I believe you have just won.

I certainly have :D I said I'd win :D and that's what Robinson gets for telling me I ruin things :P hehe!

The next game will start from Swansea.

I can't come into this game for another 3 posts anyway because of the 3-post rule so I'm going to do some coursework. Will be interesting to see where we end up whilst I'm gone. Have fun! See you later!

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment...

Indeed so. I'm only messing too hehe ;)
 
Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
Not a valid starting station as it has no through platforms.

Quoted from the rules:

At the start of a game, the OP(at the very beginning or if necessary) or the player who previously ended a leg of the journey, will choose a starting station (unless the player has called an ¡§open floor¡¨, in which any player can choose a starting station) that adheres to the following criteria:

„« It is on NR rails (or Merseyrail)
„« It is not just a terminal station.
„« It is not the same station as the one which ended the previous leg.

This would imply that as Swansea is not a terminal station (although having terminal platforms) is allowed surely?
 
Last edited:

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
I cannot trace a posting that says Llansamlet has been officially named as the starting station......am I blind or can anyone else see it....:roll:.

Where is this leg starting from ?

Dan originally included it in post 12815, it seems it has been edited out.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And not only that - where is Swansea High Street station?
It is the only major station remaining open in Swansea. I suspect that officially the High Street suffix has now been removed.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,040
Location
Gloucester
I cannot trace a posting that says Llansamlet has been officially named as the starting station......am I blind or can anyone else see it....:roll:.

Where is this leg starting from ?

I originally started from Swansea, but then I got told it was invalid because Swansea has 'terminal' platforms, although the rules which I quoted state that it's only in the case of a terminal station, but then apparently Bourne End is an example of a station of through services that reverse, so that wasn't allowed, the same goes for Swansea, even though there are through services. I don't really understand the point of that rule to be honest, but there we go.

So then the next stop was Swansea, which officially is Swansea High Street although National Rail documents do not refer to it as this.

So, the game started at Llansamlet, which I have edited to quote the query regarding where to start, and then we made a stop at Swansea.

So we are now at Swansea.
 

Eagle

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2011
Messages
7,106
Location
Leamingrad / Blanfrancisco
Just think of how many points in "Scrabble" could be gained by naming stations on this line!!

The six highest-scoring letters in Scrabble are J, K, Q, V, X and Z. The six letters that are not used in Welsh are J, K, Q, V, X, and Z. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on which country to avoid when playing Station Scrabble :P


Llangammarch (an admittedly quite good 22 points)
 

Top