• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The next station is...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Haddenham & Thame Parkway
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I sit on high like the Angel of Death from a Dennis Wheatley novel and memory tells me that the last major rules updating on the first posting of this quiz had clarified this matter of current contention.

There is a precedent on this game of not allowing services which are only run as football specials, as myself and Ivo discovered on attempting to win at Manchester United F.C. Halt. As clagmonster has pointed out, travelling in the northbound direction Bordesley has a weekly service which is always scheduled; however there is no equivalent southbound running.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,473
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
Princes Risborough
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There is a precedent on this game of not allowing services which are only run as football specials, as myself and Ivo discovered on attempting to win at Manchester United F.C. Halt. As clagmonster has pointed out, travelling in the northbound direction Bordesley has a weekly service which is always scheduled; however there is no equivalent southbound running.

Exactly so...this is why I called for the adjudication, as the direction we were heading was SOUTHERLY, not NORTHERLY.
 

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
I sit on high like the Angel of Death from a Dennis Wheatley novel and memory tells me that the last major rules updating on the first posting of this quiz had clarified this matter of current contention.

Do you have a link to that Paul?

I played the move as I missed the furore surrounding my previous attempt as I was away from t'internet for a couple of days at that time and picked up the game many postings on.

Btw, I work in compliance and my job involves testing rules and finding loopholes, so I apologise for bringing my work to the game.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
West Ruislip
 
Last edited:

Top