Buttsy
Established Member
3: This station is on a single line
Tyndrum Lower?
Hi All,
I have just been having a quick look through the last few pages, it seems that the first clue of each round is just one very vague idea such as the last one "This station is not electrified" - as incorrect guesses come in, slightly less vague clues are being given which eventually lead to the correct answer.
I don't often pop my head into the thread and haven't really got the time to trawl through the whole thing, but if I look at this from the perspective of a new member wanting to join in, one clue rounds aren't helping and to be honest I am confused by the current set up.
Can I please propose that the first posting of a new round contains at least three clues which give a reasonable probability of a correct guess being made. I'm happy with clues such as 'This station is south of Manchester' and others of similar vagueness but there needs to be some factors which can limit those clues to a couple of stations in order for an educated guess to be made, in my opinion.
This is largely down to your own judgement and common sense, so the game is still largely in your hands.
Any problems regarding this or any other matters concerning the Quizzes and Games area, please don't hesitate to contact me by PM.
TP
Quizmaster.
Hi All,
I have just been having a quick look through the last few pages, it seems that the first clue of each round is just one very vague idea such as the last one "This station is not electrified" - as incorrect guesses come in, slightly less vague clues are being given which eventually lead to the correct answer.
I don't often pop my head into the thread and haven't really got the time to trawl through the whole thing, but if I look at this from the perspective of a new member wanting to join in, one clue rounds aren't helping and to be honest I am confused by the current set up.
Can I please propose that the first posting of a new round contains at least three clues which give a reasonable probability of a correct guess being made. I'm happy with clues such as 'This station is south of Manchester' and others of similar vagueness but there needs to be some factors which can limit those clues to a couple of stations in order for an educated guess to be made, in my opinion.
This is largely down to your own judgement and common sense, so the game is still largely in your hands.
Any problems regarding this or any other matters concerning the Quizzes and Games area, please don't hesitate to contact me by PM.
TP
Quizmaster.
Derby?
Pure guess based on clue 4 only
Birmingham New Street.
6 Trains in an hour to London, Every Hour to Cardiff and Every two hours to Edinburgh. I wouldn't call any of them limited
Weston Super Mare?
Clue 5: This station is the terminus for a branch line; passengers from the branch line can connect to the rest of the network only at this station. The branch line itself does not physically connect with the main line in the station itself, but via a spur which is not booked to be used by passenger trains during normal operation.
Liskeard is correct.