• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
Direct trains to Edinburgh and London.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


Direct to Cardiff and Edinburgh.

You clue states 'within one change of' which I read as being a maximum of one change rather than requiring one change which appears you meant.
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Clue 4: This station has 2 serviceable platforms, of which 1 is booked to be served by the TOC which manages the station.
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,035
Location
Gloucester
I honestly thought I nearly had it with Navigation Road. It's closer to Derby than it is to Derby Road (Ipswich); it's within at least one change from the capitals (from Cardiff and London change at Stockport or Manchester, from Edinburgh change at Manchester); it has two platforms, of which one is booked to be served by the TOC that operates it (Northern), the other being Metrolink; and it's served by non-NR rail transport as it has interchange with Metrolink. But then the final clue was that its not electrified. It isn't in the respect of NR, but is for Metrolink. So I'd possibly take a stab at NVR.
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
You've posted this clue without waiting for a valid response - Ormskirk's electrified... :D

In fairness though, I did leave it for several hours... ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'll assume Navigation Road was a valid answer, and will say that the answer I was looking for was Matlock.

Open floor.
 
Last edited:

Anon Mouse

Established Member
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
1,274
You haven't specified which river. I am assuming the Wear with my answer of Sunderland

If you include the Tyne & Wear Metro there are more trains stopping at Sunderland than I have ever remembered ;)

3) Only trains opperated by Northern stop here and I have a bus stop outside
 

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
If you include the Tyne & Wear Metro there are more trains stopping at Sunderland than I have ever remembered ;)

3) Only trains opperated by Northern stop here and I have a bus stop outside

Just a couple of pointers, please can you clarify the river you refer to in clue 2 and, again, I assumed NR trains only when giving the answer Sunderland and so if you considered my answer to be invalid, which based on the above comments, you do, you should wait until you have a valid answer before continuing. :D

Personally, I'm not fussed about scoring points in this quiz, I play it for fun, but others like to score points and compete. :D

Seaham
 

Anon Mouse

Established Member
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
1,274
Apologies for any confusion the river I am refering to is the Tyne. Your answer at Sunderland was not invalid just wrong. I thought you just give a new clue when somebody gives an incorrect answer or have I mis interpreted the rules?

4) I was re-opened in 1984 but my passenger numbers were really low, especially when another ststion opened nearby. Not many trains stop here now because of that reason
 

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
Apologies for any confusion the river I am refering to is the Tyne. Your answer at Sunderland was not invalid just wrong. I thought you just give a new clue when somebody gives an incorrect answer or have I mis interpreted the rules?

It's a confusing situation as I've given answers such as Oxford when one of the clues was 'this station is only served by 2 TOCs' which is invalid as it is served by 3 whereas had I answered Great Malvern (served by 2) it would have just been a wrong answer. Perhaps someone else can clarify this area for us?

Dunston
 

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
There is the below with a link to a pdf which covers the rules in more detail.

As I said, I'm not fussed that you've carried on, but others may be. :D

Please take a moment to read the rules stipulated in the attached document.

These rules shall be used as the official rules for the game with immediate effect.

Note that these Rules have been slightly revised as indicated in Post #948.
 

Top