• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Coatbridge Sunnyside

Bloody stupid Coatbridge Rainyside :cry:

3) Below is a list of the minimum number of changes, without out of station interchanges, using services on Network Rail metals only, needed to get to this station from various London Terminals. However, there might not be tickets available from all of them.
Euston - 1
St Pancras - 1
King's Cross - 1
Paddington - 2
Marylebone - 3
Liverpool Street - 3
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
This station is served by only one operator, and as far as I know, no other operator will pass through this station.
 

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
Bloody stupid Coatbridge Rainyside :cry:

3) Below is a list of the minimum number of changes, without out of station interchanges, using services on Network Rail metals only, needed to get to this station from various London Terminals. However, there might not be tickets available from all of them.
Euston - 1
St Pancras - 1
King's Cross - 1
Paddington - 2
Marylebone - 3
Liverpool Street - 3

My problem with this clue is that I can't think of anywhere north of London which would require more changes out of Marylebone than Paddington as you can be on XC with just one change (Banbury for both). I can only think of somewhere west of Paddington, but then it's only 2 changes from Marylebone for the ones I'm thinking of, such as Chirk. I am intrigued to know the answer
 
Last edited:

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Within 2 changes of Marylebone (Banbury/Leamington and Wolves). Like Buttsy, I am stumped.
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
I said Accrington on the basis that I presumed the first arrival at Leeds would miss the 1tpd North East-South Coast which doesn't run via Doncaster. I completely forgot the service continued to York...

I'll suggest that I don't have an alternative idea (if/when we get another clue)...
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
As I said before, I made a mistake, by forgetting about XC at Banbury and Leammington.

Clue 5 would have been look for a reasonably common boys name.
The answer would have been Kirkby Stephen.
 

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
As I said before, I made a mistake, by forgetting about XC at Banbury and Leammington.

Clue 5 would have been look for a reasonably common boys name.
The answer would have been Kirkby Stephen.

Does that mean it's an open floor?
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Except where specified during play, any round in which the turn player provides inaccurate clues is closed and replaced by an Open Floor.

In short, yes.
 

Top