• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Clue 3: This station is served by precisely 1 of the big bus companies. For the purposes of this clue, the following apply:

Virgin Trains is part of Stagecoach.
Chiltern Railways is part of Arriva.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Assuming Abellio aren't considered a major player in the bus market (you might want to clarify this):

Barrow-in-Furness
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Weybridge (assuming 458s don't count when calling under diversion...)

Complete aside here, but I thought the 458s were built at Washwood Heath in Birmingham. I'm guessing I must be wrong...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Assuming Abellio aren't considered a major player in the bus market (you might want to clarify this):

I wouldn't consider Abellio to be a "big bus company".
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Complete aside here, but I thought the 458s were built at Washwood Heath in Birmingham. I'm guessing I must be wrong...

I think you're right actually. The penultimate units built there (preceding the Pendos) or something? I was going on the assumption of them being built in the same country that their builders are headquartered in (shudder)...
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
I think you're right actually. The penultimate units built there (preceding the Pendos) or something? I was going on the assumption of them being built in the same country that their builders are headquartered in (shudder)...

The 334s also came after the 458s IIRC.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Clue 4: This station is within the boundaries of a city.
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Scarborough?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've missed clue 4, a point off for me.
 

CallySleeper

Established Member
Joined
27 Jun 2006
Messages
1,662
Location
trentbartonland
...is served by Stagecoach (EMT) and Arriva (XC).
For me the clue wasn't specific enough in that it was referring to the bus company owning the only TOC which serves this station, and not as it transpires a major bus company running buses to this station.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Following on from Weybridge, but moving a few stations up the line, Surbiton?



It also fails to satisfy Clue 4.

It was intended for Clue 2, but I was a page behind because my phone doesnt make it clear that theres a next page (I use 50 posts per page before anyone makes a comment about there not being a new page).
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Clue 5: To get to Derby Road from this station, it is necessary to change once. To get to Twerp, it is also necessary to change once, departing from this station on heavy rail in the evening peak or on another mode of railed transport at other times of day. Twerp can also be reached at all times of day using heavy rail from start to finish by changing twice.

(I hope that's clear enough for everyone...)
 

Top