• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
Ooh, I thought I had got a unique answer to fit the clues there. I was looking for London Road (Guildford), with its diet of 455s and occasional 450s.

Clue 1:
This station is not in Wales.

Arrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's what I came up with after posting and reading clue 5 again...

Wick
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Clue 3:
This station has precisely 8 platforms, of which 1 is not regularly used by passenger services.
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
I suppose one of the Dumfries bays is considerably rarer than the other, so it fits.

Clue 4:
This station is served by loco hauled services.
 

martinsh

Established Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
1,766
Location
Considering a move to Memphis
Dore & Totley?

Dore & Totley (formerly Dore) is correct - give the man a medal !

Served by Northern, EMT and TPE (the latter two peaks only)

Clues 4 & 5 would have been

4. this station is served more frequently on Saturdays than weekdays
5. this station has one platform - but formerly had 4
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hanborough

AFAIK Hanborough is only served by one TOC ?
 

Top