Eagle
Established Member
Not a city!
Not in a city.
Do we give up?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It was Chestfield and Swalecliffe.
Open floor.
However, I cannot find confirmation that Whitstable is a city as defined by statue.2: This station is within the bounds of a city.
I'm going to call 'foul' on this: clue 2 was: However, I cannot find confirmation that Whitstable is a city as defined by statue.
Do we give up?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It was Chestfield and Swalecliffe.
Open floor.
I'm going to call 'foul' on this: clue 2 was: However, I cannot find confirmation that Whitstable is a city as defined by statue.
It's not in Whitstable, it's in the City of Canterbury.
That's why I specifically said "within the boundaries of a city". Which it undeniably is.
The answer I wanted was Heald Green.
I'm sorry, I thought that, despite me making a pigs ear of the grammar in the clue, I'd made it clear that I only wanted the starting letter. Incidentally, under your interpretation of that clue, Hitchin wouldn't have worked.
The answer I wanted was Heald Green.
I'm sorry, I thought that, despite me making a pigs ear of the grammar in the clue, I'd made it clear that I only wanted the starting letter. Incidentally, under your interpretation of that clue, Hitchin wouldn't have worked.