• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Clue 5: This station's name is similar to another station that matches every clue set except for the one about having multiple TOCs running through (EDIT: and this one obviously, because the "other" station that would match Clue 5 is the answer I seek and does match the multiple TOCs bit :p).
 
Last edited:

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Oakleigh Park? In the event that it is wrong, I am arguing that it has a similar name to Manor Park.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
In both cases you've chosen the right line - but the wrong station. Oakleigh Park is two stations too far south, while Manor Park is seven stations too far west, and is not as similar to the correct answer as it could be.

The correct answer was Hadley Wood (matching Harold Wood).

Open Floor :smile:
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
I had three lines to choose from (ECML, GEML and GWML, with the possibility of Clapham Jn-East Croydon and Clapham Jn-Barnes for the one with only one passing TOC). I didn't want to get too far out of London because I was frightened of the 20 miles rule (I got it into my head it was 10 miles).

TM: Selhurst?
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
I hoping 143s don't make it west of Plymouth. St. Budeaux Ferry Road?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
St Andrews Road
Do 143s not make it to Severn Beach now then. It's ages since I've been on the WR, but they certainly used to.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
This is kind of borderline as to whether the clues are adequate or not. Whilst to the east only two stations are possible (the other being Pinhoe), to the west there are still numerous Cornish branch line stations that fit the criteria, such as the Falmouth stations. Similarly, I don't think it's really fair to have one clue that states "DMU" and another that states "15X DMU".

I'll let it go this time, but please be more careful in future.

Anyway, my answer is Falmouth Docks.
 
Last edited:

Temple Meads

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2010
Messages
2,283
Location
Devon
Are we going to get an answer soon?

Yes - in between getting soaked and having my hair cut I sort of forgot about this..

The answer I was looking for was Falmouth Town
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
So, here we go again...

Clue 1: This station is not served by a First Group TOC.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Norwich

<(<(<(<(<(

I write all this extra stuff in relation to game management (below) and get punished for it. Not fair <(

The answer I was looking for was Falmouth Town

<(<(<(<(<(

Next time we have that many potential answers left I will have to insist that the offending player surrenders the floor - and much more and Penalties will have to be considered.

I count at least seven (Yeovil Junction, Pinhoe and stations in Lelant [2] and Falmouth [3]). That is certainly pushing things a bit far.
 
Last edited:

Top