• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Clue 3 : One of the TOCs that calls at the station only serves once a day (Mon-Fri) in one direction.
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Oban? Has numerous ferry services, which fulfills the public transport bit, I presume only 156s get up there still.
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Mallaig is only served by 156s also and was my other choice in clue 4, and I think is the unique answer (it can't be Fort Bill due to the sleeper, which will fail the one class of train, York and Scarborough both have more than 2 platforms).

This is where I am going to object. The Jacobite is shown in the NRT. Therefore, I claim that Mallaig is served by two TOCs and more than one class of train. Thus, assuming it is the right answer, I'm appealing for a dud clue penalty. Ivo, please can you adjudicate.
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
This will be the 2nd time in quick succession that I appeal a penalty from clagmonster then - Mallaig is the correct answer.
 

Top