• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Clue 4: Trains serving this station use all 3 types of traction - AC electric, DC electric, diesel (although not necessarily all actually at this station).
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Does anything actually terminate at East Croydon? The WLLs used to, but they now run to South Croydon; does anything else?

This station is south of Thurso?

Not again :roll:

Beauly.

That aside, count me out for the next while. O/F if the ~0.04% chance of me being correct is applicable (sure :lol:).
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
I believe some South London suburbans terminate at East Croydon, they certainly used to.

Clue 2:
This station is servedby precisely 2 operators.
 

Robinson

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2010
Messages
623
Location
Helensburgh
Does anything actually terminate at East Croydon? The WLLs used to, but they now run to South Croydon; does anything else?

Some WLL services do still terminate at East Croydon (Mon-Fri these are the 0904, 1759, 1902 and 0001 arrivals).
The Sunday service from London Bridge via Streatham goes to East Croydon.
There's also the 2328 arrival from Uckfield.
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Clue 4:
If proper nouns were allowed and assuming that no blank tiles were used and that no tiles were placed on bonus squares, this station's name would score 21 points in a game of Scrabble.
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
There will be a clue 5, however I can't give it until somebody has given a valid response to clue 4. What I would say is: look carefully at the wording of the clues, and the wording I have used in previous rounds. This should allow you to arrive at a bonus clue. I'm not giving any more away.
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Clue 5:
This station was renamed to its present name in 1974.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I won't be around much until Tuesday. Therefore, I have PMed the answer to Ivo, and am leaving it up to him as to how to proceed and when to open the PM (it is clearly marked as such in the title).
 

Temple Meads

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2010
Messages
2,283
Location
Devon
Clue 5:
This station was renamed to its present name in 1974.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I won't be around much until Tuesday. Therefore, I have PMed the answer to Ivo, and am leaving it up to him as to how to proceed and when to open the PM (it is clearly marked as such in the title).

You should bear in mind that Ivo is in Southend at the moment AFAIK, and his access is limited, at any rate, he hasn't accessed the forum since Wednesday.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
3.4 The Turn Player must ensure that he is able to respond to any viable answers within a set period of time. Upon setting the first clue, he must be ready to respond within three hours of the first answer provided by the floor; in all other instances, he must be able to respond within six hours if at all possible and compulsorily within twelve hours.
3.5 Any player who fails to meet the obligations set out in Rule 3.4 without prior warning shall surrender his turn and the floor shall be opened to other players. Any player who fails to respond within six hours on more than one occasion in any given round may also be judged to have forfeited the floor.
I've quoted what I think is the relevant part of the rules in this circumstance. I think that, since Clagmonster has declared that he can't respond within the 12 hours that the rules state, the floor is open.
 

Top