• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Not Newton or this Derby Road thing

This station is served by fewer ToCs than there are platforms (2)
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Blackpool North?

The NSE boundary was, and still is for Network Card purposes, Manningtree. NSE services continued to Ipswich for operational convenience only.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Very familiar :lol:

Earlestown! :D

The NSE boundary was, and still is for Network Card purposes, Manningtree. NSE services continued to Ipswich for operational convenience only.

I thought as much, but wasn't certain - not least because I had only been through Ipswich once before I turned 18 in 2007.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Very familiar :lol:

Earlestown! :D



I thought as much, but wasn't certain - not least because I had only been through Ipswich once before I turned 18 in 2007.

Nice try :D

This station is served by only 1 of the 3 that serve MIA (4)
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Well it's managed by Northern, so we are essentially saying not served by TPE or ATW.

Romiley?
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Not Wigan or Romiley.

This station is at the northern boundary (for this specific line) of a PTE area. (5)
 

Eagle

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2011
Messages
7,106
Location
Leamingrad / Blanfrancisco
The NSE boundary was, and still is for Network Card purposes, Manningtree. NSE services continued to Ipswich for operational convenience only.
For the record, the same goes for Peterborough, as the boundary was Huntingdon. Here is a definitive map from circa 1991.

Many NSE services went beyond the boundaries though (for instance Marylebone to Snow Hill, the boundary being Banbury; or Waterloo to Bristol).
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
I'm off if this is not the answer required. If it is, I'll stick around to run another round.
I will also be shortly departing, unless I am right. Sleep is required. With all these points deductions, at least I have managed to match City's ineptitude of yesterday afternoon.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
I'll assume no one had any objections to my last round then.

This station is not within the Network South East area (1)

Oh, and Eagle, I like your profile picture :D
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Long Buckby isn't valid as far as I know.

This station has the same number of, or more platforms as operators
 
Last edited:

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
I wonder why Long Buckby is now the limit for the Network Railcard, which I thought was based on the NSE area.
 

Eagle

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2011
Messages
7,106
Location
Leamingrad / Blanfrancisco
I wonder why Long Buckby is now the limit for the Network Railcard, which I thought was based on the NSE area.

There are a couple of differences (for instance the Network Railcard is valid between Weymouth and Yeovil Pen Mill, despite that never being NSE).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyway, my guess for clue 2 is Flint.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Shows how much I know then - although that probably is something to do with it not being my local area :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It's not Flint.

This station is served by one operator that serves MIA, and one other. (3)
 
Last edited:

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Not Prestatyn.

This station has direct services to 2 of the 3 capitals on Great Britain. (4)
 

Top