• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
There is the East Anglian Railway museum (I think that's its name?), if that counts...
There is a demonstration line, which is what I was thinking of. I hope that it fulfills the definition of transport though, else I lose points.
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
No, you still lose points, because Chappel doesn't match clue 4.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


How is that a form of transport?
Passengers are carried on the demonstration line. There is even a gala on the 3rd of June, featuring the resident rod.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Knaresborough?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Whitlocks End - aaarggghhh !
Presumably managed by London Midland. -2
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
How is [the EARM] a form of transport?

I guess it isn't.

clagmonster always prefers it when I'm strict - so I guess it's time to show I can be strict. Sorry - I think I agree with Eagle. A demonstration line is just that - a demonstration line. It might be able to carry people, but it doesn't technically transport people from A to B for any reason other than as a demonstration.

Having said that, I said before that in marginal situations I would be lenient to make things easier. So, no deduction - this time.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
You weren't to know what I'd post next.

This station is served by 2 of the 3 TOCs that serve my local station. (4)
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
I guess it isn't.

clagmonster always prefers it when I'm strict - so I guess it's time to show I can be strict. Sorry - I think I agree with Eagle. A demonstration line is just that - a demonstration line. It might be able to carry people, but it doesn't technically transport people from A to B for any reason other than as a demonstration.
Unless there is more than one 'station' on the demo line, I can't find a way to dig my way out of this one. -2 it is I think.
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Its one that I mention as my first guess to virtually every clue on here - Manchester Airport.
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
You live in South Manchester. Therefore, one of the TOCs at your local station is going to be Northern, which we knew about anyway. One of the others I'm predicting is TPE. Blackpool North?
 

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Oh, and I make Heald Green a penalty as well - one of the clues explicitly stated fewer ToCs than platforms.
 

Top