Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Hi all, exciting stuff. I am also through to the assessment centre on 21st - Watford AM. Anyone else there? I am led to believe it is recruitment for a talent pool only at this stage. Currently no planned course start dates for successful applicants. Anyone hear any different?
I done the stage 1 today and by far the DFFT was the hardest out of them all. Especially when you had to answer two priorities in one question. I managed to answer 8.5
How did people get on at the opc assessment centre for Thameslink today? I personally did the following;
Bourdon - 9/16 lines per block
DFFT - 11/20
Dials - 35/43
Memory passage think went ok
The tone tests also ok managed to get through most of the sheets.
Not sure if it’s enough for the ‘enhanced’ pass mark GTR run to.
I just received an email to say I had passed the stage 1 and they would be in contact soon for me to book the stage 2 assessment once they get some more dates available.
I did however apply for Welwyn Garden City back in Jan 24 and not the Cricklewood.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I wanted to ask what are we expecting for stage 2 is it the Vienna tests (computer based) as well as SJE and 6 pre interview form? DMI & MMI on another day?
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I wanted to ask what are we expecting for stage 2 is it the Vienna tests (computer based) as well as SJE and 6 pre interview form? DMI & MMI on another day?
I remember the lady saying that the stage 2 was the computer test and then MMI on the same day. She also said the if you’re successful passing them then the DMI comes at a later date with the TOC.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I wanted to ask what are we expecting for stage 2 is it the Vienna tests (computer based) as well as SJE and 6 pre interview form? DMI & MMI on another day?
Hi all, exciting stuff. I am also through to the assessment centre on 21st - Watford AM. Anyone else there? I am led to believe it is recruitment for a talent pool only at this stage. Currently no planned course start dates for successful applicants. Anyone hear any different?
How did people get on at the opc assessment centre for Thameslink today? I personally did the following;
Bourdon - 9/16 lines per block
DFFT - 11/20
Dials - 35/43
Memory passage think went ok
The tone tests also ok managed to get through most of the sheets.
Not sure if it’s enough for the ‘enhanced’ pass mark GTR run to.
Stage 1 testing at the assessment center was as follows:
Group Bourdon
TEA- Test of Everyday Attention (tones), There is 3 parts to this test
TRP Part 1&2 - Training for Rule and procedures
DFFT - Driver Fault Finding Test - This is the "Enhanced" part of the testing that GTR use.
The above are all paper and pencil tests, if you pass these then you will be invited back for Stage 2 (computer tests and MMI), Just waiting for my stage 2 date now.
IF you are invited to the Attended assessment days they will provide all the training material at least a week in advance.
Stage 1 testing at the assessment center was as follows:
Group Bourdon
TEA- Test of Everyday Attention (tones), There is 3 parts to this test
TRP Part 1&2 - Training for Rule and procedures
DFFT - Driver Fault Finding Test - This is the "Enhanced" part of the testing that GTR use.
The above are all paper and pencil tests, if you pass these then you will be invited back for Stage 2 (computer tests and MMI), Just waiting for my stage 2 date now.
IF you are invited to the Attended assessment days they will provide all the training material at least a week in advance.
I am at Watford for stage 2 on 10th March 9am? Anyone else? My understanding it is 3x computer based tests and after filling out another SJT form you do the MMI
I am at Watford for stage 2 on 10th March 9am? Anyone else? My understanding it is 3x computer based tests and after filling out another SJT form you do the MMI
I attended the same day as you buy my email saying I had passed states that "I will be offered the Stage 2 assessment once more date become available". Hopefully I don't have to wait too much longer, however I applied 14 months ago so I understand how slow the rail recruitment world can be. I think the best way to describe it is the do everything in batches.
How did people get on at the opc assessment centre for Thameslink today? I personally did the following;
Bourdon - 9/16 lines per block
DFFT - 11/20
Dials - 35/43
Memory passage think went ok
The tone tests also ok managed to get through most of the sheets.
Not sure if it’s enough for the ‘enhanced’ pass mark GTR run to.
Good luck on your results. Can I ask what you did on your DFFT and tone test. I’m aware it’s finding matching symbols . Is it only the symbols your looking for ?
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
How did people get on at the opc assessment centre for Thameslink today? I personally did the following;
Bourdon - 9/16 lines per block
DFFT - 11/20
Dials - 35/43
Memory passage think went ok
The tone tests also ok managed to get through most of the sheets.
Not sure if it’s enough for the ‘enhanced’ pass mark GTR run to.
Good luck on your results. Can I ask what you did on your DFFT and tone test. I’m aware it’s finding matching symbols . Is it only the symbols your looking for ?
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Good luck on your results. Can I please ask whagt the DFFT involved and the time test please . Is it matching symbols only ?
Search this Forum or Google as there is loads of information about this test.
To stand any chance of passing any of these tests you need be more than capable of finding the information required yourself, You defiantly need to be self thinking. I found out enough info and then used the practice material they provide and successfully passed.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I am at Watford for stage 2 on 10th March 9am? Anyone else? My understanding it is 3x computer based tests and after filling out another SJT form you do the MMI
Congratulations. I just done the stage 2 today. Passed the computer tests as I got through to the MMI…brutal! No idea how I did. Will wait and see I guess!
Results are in already. Passed! Can’t believe the quick turn around on results. It alludes to quite a wait for the DMI though. Anyone on here done a DMI before and what to expect?
Results are in already. Passed! Can’t believe the quick turn around on results. It alludes to quite a wait for the DMI though. Anyone on here done a DMI before and what to expect?
Research the company, diagrams of routes, traction etc. also be prepared for more competency based questions and the ultimate question…WHY do you want to be a train driver. The answer is not the salary!
We have had a number of issues with members trying to set up duplicate accounts in this forum.
Please note that we only allow one account per person, but if you find yourself in a situation in which you'd like a separate identity for this section then please contact us directly and explain your reasoning or concerns rather than setting up a separate new account.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.