johninstalbans
Member
I took two return journeys in one weekend recently - both entirely on Thameslink trains (without changing), crossing London each time and using only GoVia-operated stations.
My activity log with Thameslink smartcard shows the two journeys, correctly priced. However, the charges to my credit card (from 'Thameslink Webtis', as usual) were BOTH wrong and one was duplicated.
Naturally, I raised the issue online with Thameslink, who responded after about a week saying that I should take the matter up with TfL, 'who are responsible for contactless charging'.
I found this very surprising, having had NO contact with TfL during either journey. So I asked them to think again, but they have just said the same thing (so far without further explanation).
According to the TfL website, they are unable to deal with Contactless queries or refunds, owing to their ongoing Cyber Security attack! Also, their full definition of Contactless on the site does NOT include rail operators' Smartcards.
Can someone throw any light into this pool of darkness?
I should say that I have not previously had any such problems using this facility over several years.
Thanks
John
My activity log with Thameslink smartcard shows the two journeys, correctly priced. However, the charges to my credit card (from 'Thameslink Webtis', as usual) were BOTH wrong and one was duplicated.
Naturally, I raised the issue online with Thameslink, who responded after about a week saying that I should take the matter up with TfL, 'who are responsible for contactless charging'.
I found this very surprising, having had NO contact with TfL during either journey. So I asked them to think again, but they have just said the same thing (so far without further explanation).
According to the TfL website, they are unable to deal with Contactless queries or refunds, owing to their ongoing Cyber Security attack! Also, their full definition of Contactless on the site does NOT include rail operators' Smartcards.
Can someone throw any light into this pool of darkness?
I should say that I have not previously had any such problems using this facility over several years.
Thanks
John