Looks like a single 15x will be covering the bay boxed in tomorrow on a VST diagram.
Why they haven't looked at running these things on lines that are more acceptable for them though? The continuity to push for this full tram-train on the TAM, when those routes need a heavy rail unit due to the conditions.
I read somewhere they stated it was not possible to have 4tph with normal heavy rail. But that raises suspicion they do plan to implement line of sight throughout eventually, eroding staff conditions for a cheaper alternative as I've mentioned on here before to pack them in.
They are easily the most suitable units for the Coryton-Radyr and Cardiff Bay shuttles. I just can't see how they can get the 4tph to each head of the valley, the Bay is not the most common destination, and it will annoy commuters having to change for Central. Then there's the bottle neck of the Bay and if that goes wrong the service is up. And you can't just step up a 398 for a Barry or a Rhymney etc. Then this line of sight to heavy rail transfer area, how is that going to work getting the units in order for the timetable? I hear they don't want one eventually, but you still have to have one for the ARS system to work. You can't just go send one there now and up there please!
I don't think this has been properly thought out and just wades of cash thrown down the well!