• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

T.O.C. Revenue Protection Policy Documents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrius56000

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
262
Location
Walsall
. . .Just a quickie one!

. . . Thankfully I've never got in trouble with a T.O.C. as I always try and buy my tickets "T.O.D." so I have a physical one to show, have my Railcard ready for inspection and always ask permission to use an alternative train if a delay occurs (I missed a connection at Stafford for a booked Kidsgrove local once because the train I was on from Wolves (the booked one!) got held up at every signal!), the question I have is :–

. . .Have ALL the T.O.C.'s produced their Revenue Protection Policy in PDF?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KirkstallOne

Member
Joined
6 Jul 2023
Messages
512
Location
Leeds
I don’t think any train operating company publishes their revenue protection policies in full and some seem to be undocumented, as evidenced by the recent ORR report. Tfl probably have the most comprehensive approach and various documents have been released under FOI but many things will be for internal eyes only. It may be helpful if you said what it is you are looking for as your question is both narrow (no) and broad.

If you are concerned whether you are potentially breaching some rules then the relevant documents would be the Regulation of Railways Act 1889, the consolidated railway byelaws, the National Rail Conditions of Travel and The Railways (Penalty Fares) Regulations 2018. However, these may be misleading depending exactly where you were travelling (e.g. the London and Tyne and Wear networks have some subtly different regulations).
 

Chrius56000

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
262
Location
Walsall
. . . Basically what I'm looking for a Revenue Protection Policy in PDF as is issued by G.W.R., in equivalent form for other T.O.C's – is it only G.W.R. that have made this available?
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Many train companies do publish their Revenue Protection Policy, the easiest way is to search ‘Revenue Protection’ on their website.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,547
Location
LBK
. . . Basically what I'm looking for a Revenue Protection Policy in PDF as is issued by G.W.R., in equivalent form for other T.O.C's – is it only G.W.R. that have made this available?
I’ll assume you’ve googled “(TOC name) revenue protection policy”.

Which remaining ones are you struggling to get hold of?

Does it need to be in PDF format?
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,298
. . . Basically what I'm looking for a Revenue Protection Policy in PDF as is issued by G.W.R., in equivalent form for other T.O.C's – is it only G.W.R. that have made this available?
My experience on looking for them when people come to the forum for help is that they are either hard to find or impossible to find. Very few as easy to get hold of a clear document like that one that GWR publish which is clearly set out for passengers to access and use if they wish to do so.

Some have very little other than a few basic faq on a web page.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top