• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station with the most varied passenger stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Joined
13 May 2008
Messages
12,774
To be replaced soon by these ive heard:
67%20TS%20ref%20N%20Pk.jpg

Interesting. Presumably remarshled as 2-car sets though
 

laseandre

Established Member
Joined
27 Oct 2007
Messages
1,264
Na, 322s only, though 318/320s MAY deputise. And that's a big may, as AFAIK they are allowed, but never have (maybe just once).
 

djw1981

Established Member
Joined
10 Jul 2007
Messages
2,642
Location
Glasgow
Glasgow Central

FSR 156
FSR 158 * not regularly diagramed, but work via Shotts if the Falkirk route is engineered
FSR 170 * not regularly diagramed, but work via Shotts if the Falkirk route is engineered
TPE 185

AXC 220
AXC/VWC 221

FSR 314
FSR 318
FSR 322
FSR 334
VWC 390

NXEC cl91
NXEC/AXC cl43

DB cl90
DB cl?? (sleeper ECS)
 

Waverley125

Member
Joined
2 Sep 2008
Messages
1,010
Location
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pboro

225-NXEC
HST-NXEC/GC
222-HT
170-AXC/NXEA
180-HT
158-EMT
365-FCC
317-FCC

Leeds:

HST-EMT/NXEC
225-NXEC
142-NT
143-NT
150-NT
153-NT
156-NT
158-NT
159-NT
170-TPE
185-TPE
220-AXC
221-AXC
 

P156KWJ

Established Member
Joined
26 Nov 2007
Messages
4,226
Location
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham:
Class 153 EMT
Class 156 EMT
Class 158 EMT / Northern
Class 170 XC
Class 220 XC
Class 221 XC
Class 222 EMT
High Speed Train EMT

Stourbridge Town:
Nothing atm! Then...

Class 139 LM. Wow
 

90019

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2008
Messages
6,891
Location
Featherstone, West Yorkshire
Must have been lucky , as travelled on a 318 to North Berwick last year, didnt feel lucky at the time as I spend all week commuting by 317 down here to Liverpool St.

Ah, yes, I believe they have a 318 which will stand in if a 322 on the North Berwick services, but as far as I'm aware, this is extremely rare, and I have never seen it myself.
But I'm certain the 320s never go to Waverley. Well, there is the Airdrie to Bathgate rail link, which, when it's opened in 2010 will link the North Clyde line with Waverley, however, the 320s may be cascaded to replace the 314s on other routes because the top speed of the new line will be 80mph, and the 320s are only capable of 75mph.
 

delt1c

Established Member
Joined
4 Apr 2008
Messages
2,182
Ah, yes, I believe they have a 318 which will stand in if a 322 on the North Berwick services, but as far as I'm aware, this is extremely rare, and I have never seen it myself.
But I'm certain the 320s never go to Waverley. Well, there is the Airdrie to Bathgate rail link, which, when it's opened in 2010 will link the North Clyde line with Waverley, however, the 320s may be cascaded to replace the 314s on other routes because the top speed of the new line will be 80mph, and the 320s are only capable of 75mph.

Will be nice to see the Airdie - bathgate back as I am from the bathgate area origonally. Travelled it several times in the 1970's when the falkirk line was closed on Sundays for Engineering, that was push pull 27's. Also travelled many times on freights when the shale trains ran from deans for the M8 extension in Glasgow. So sad to see it lying trackless in the 90's
 

90019

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2008
Messages
6,891
Location
Featherstone, West Yorkshire
Will be nice to see the Airdie - bathgate back as I am from the bathgate area origonally. Travelled it several times in the 1970's when the falkirk line was closed on Sundays for Engineering, that was push pull 27's. Also travelled many times on freights when the shale trains ran from deans for the M8 extension in Glasgow. So sad to see it lying trackless in the 90's

Indeed it will. Having had a look, i think what's going to happen is that the introduction of the 380s will mean that some 170s and 158s will be cascaded to run Edinburgh-Glasgow via this line, displacing the 320s to run the Cathcart Circle Lines, these then displacing the 314s, which will likely be scrapped.
 

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
I've see a 390 at Edinburgh. Don't think they do anymore though.

Until the last TT change, and the solid hourly Brum - Edinburgh every 2 hours, a daily Pendolino service from Euston filled in one of the gaps.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,482
Location
Yorkshire
318s and 320s dont go to Waverley.
They are cleared to...
http://chrisperkins.fpic.co.uk/p32256363.html
.. maybe they aren't diagrammed to any more but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't happen again? Diagrams could change and alterations could occur in the event of delays.

EMT 43s don't do Sheffield's anymore...
They do! Some are based at NL and it would make no sense to run them ECS from Nottingham.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Since when have 390s gone to Edinburgh? :|
I believe there is not currently a regulary diagrammed service since the withdrawal of the direct EUS-EDB service last month, so unless any of the EUS-BHM services are diagrammed for a 390 then they may not be a regular visitor to the station, but it could happen at weekends if Voyagers are required for diversions and then BHM-EDB services may be worked by Pendolinos. So I think it should count.
 

90019

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2008
Messages
6,891
Location
Featherstone, West Yorkshire
They are cleared to...
http://chrisperkins.fpic.co.uk/p32256363.html
.. maybe they aren't diagrammed to any more but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't happen again? Diagrams could change and alterations could occur in the event of delays.

The North Berwick services have their own specific fleet of the 5 322s (481-485) but, as i said, I believe there is a 318 available if a 322 breaks down, but I have never seen that happen.

The 320s currently work only on the North Clyde Line, but when the Airdrie-Bathgate rail link is opened in 2010, these will be replaced and cascaded to the Cathcart Circle Lines as their top speed is only 75, compared to the new link's 80, meaning they will go nowhere near Waverley.

In theory, yes, it could happen, but in reality, I think it's highly unlikely.
 

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
5,466
Location
Cambridge
'ull :P

Class 43 (NXEC)
Class 142 (NT)*
Class 144 (NT)*
Class 150 (NT)*
Class 153 (NT)*
Class 156 (NT)*
Class 158 (NT)
Class 170 (TPE)
Class 180 (HT)
Class 185 (TPE)
Class 222 (HT)

* Used on occasional/seasonal workings.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top