So, had to visit a place on the outskirts of Bishop's Stortford a while ago - took my folding bike on the train via Cambridge. On the way back, the trains were looking a bit of a mess (not badly), so I thought I'd ride over to Stansted and catch the train up to Cambridge from there. It's quite an interesting cycle route anyway, and I had understood my ticket was valid (confirmed doing a pricing query).
Got there, got the lift down to the station, and was confronted by somebody behind a desk in a high vis jacket that was clearly too heavy for the hot weather, who insisted that only tickets that are explicitly from Stansted Airport are valid from Stansted Airport. I'd read elsewhere about problems at this station, so I politely explained why my ticket was valid. He kept repeating "where is your ticket from Stansted Airport". I explained again, he got very irritated, and told me to "just go through".
Was I right? From what I understand, regardless of the disruption at (think it was) Harlow, my ticket should be valid anyway - BoJ was permitted (I checked) and the journey planners allowed it for the same ticket price.
Got there, got the lift down to the station, and was confronted by somebody behind a desk in a high vis jacket that was clearly too heavy for the hot weather, who insisted that only tickets that are explicitly from Stansted Airport are valid from Stansted Airport. I'd read elsewhere about problems at this station, so I politely explained why my ticket was valid. He kept repeating "where is your ticket from Stansted Airport". I explained again, he got very irritated, and told me to "just go through".
Was I right? From what I understand, regardless of the disruption at (think it was) Harlow, my ticket should be valid anyway - BoJ was permitted (I checked) and the journey planners allowed it for the same ticket price.