• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

darrenw29

Member
Joined
26 Jun 2008
Messages
445
Location
Workington
Exactly my point, these Marshalls have had a hard ten years and dont look the tidiest things (even with a lick of paint). They will look tatty in no time like they did in Kendal. You never know they might just be a short term solution (with a bit of luck)
 

mbonwick

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2006
Messages
6,311
Location
Kendal
I'm fairly sure 33169 is coming, but it won't until the Preston service change on 22 March.
 

mbonwick

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2006
Messages
6,311
Location
Kendal
Well, if they do, I wouldn't blame them. Look at all the vehicles that need to have blinds exchanged for LEDs!
 

KendalKing

Established Member
Joined
4 Mar 2009
Messages
1,662
Location
North Lancs
No, I wouldn't have thought so. Bike racks were fitted to several B6s at Kendal last year, but they have all since gone.
30342 was fitted with one as well, but it was removed AFAIK.
So in effect, it's just gearing up for the summer season.

30342 is actually a B6BLE.


30342 still had its bike rack fitted when it was in use on Kendal town services, on Monday 23 February.
 

KendalKing

Established Member
Joined
4 Mar 2009
Messages
1,662
Location
North Lancs
Wrong Kendal is the most uncared for depot of the lot. Unlike Kendal depot, Barrow as received brand new buses in 2004 (Solos) and 2005 (Tridents). All Kendal ever receives are other depots cast-off's.
 

mbonwick

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2006
Messages
6,311
Location
Kendal
Wrong Kendal is the most uncared for depot of the lot. Unlike Kendal depot, Barrow as received brand new buses in 2004 (Solos) and 2005 (Tridents). All Kendal ever receives are other depots cast-off's.


Yes, but the Tridents are CCC sponsored.

Also, the average age of Kendal's fleet is significantly lower than Barrows, Kendal only had 1 F reg Oly and 2 or 3 H/J regs. Everything else is either OT Tridents, 55 reg Tridents (555) or Darts.
 

KendalKing

Established Member
Joined
4 Mar 2009
Messages
1,662
Location
North Lancs
Kendal currently have 1 F, 4 H, 1 J, & a K reg'd Olys, and a number of K reg'd B10M's.

Both Barrow & Kendal are in of new or newer buses.
 

mbonwick

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2006
Messages
6,311
Location
Kendal
I'm with you M Bonwick, though I do wonder why the 555, which I assume is very well patronised was not worthy of new Enviro 400s


Probably to do with the time of year they became available. Manchester replaced the Tridents with E400s, so I guess at the time it was better to have the new vehicles in a very high profit area.
I commute Milnthorpe - Lancaster on the 55, and I must admit I've never thought about E400s on the route! I actually reget the passing of the Olympians, they were good buses, and while the Tridents accelerate faster, they have nowhere near as much character or comfy seats!

When 18354 was involved in an RTA on Wednesday and 20705 was sent to rescue us stranded passengers, I became very nostalgic as it has been about 2 years since I was last on a B10M and I'd forgotton what it was like!
 

cainebj

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2008
Messages
2,627
Location
UK
all NW depots have too much crap lol. most of the crap thats out of service being at Lillyhall.
32917 really needs to go! someone needs to blow up the dead lanes haha
 

mbonwick

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2006
Messages
6,311
Location
Kendal
That's easy to sort; just drain all the oil and coolant out before taking 32917 for a spin. Ingore all warnings and keep going untill it stops.

Volia, one screwed up engine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top