• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Midlands - Timetables, Services, & Wider Operations

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busesfan

On Moderation
Joined
27 Nov 2025
Messages
98
Location
Grimsby
I feel like some Hull buses will head to Mansfield to replace the Enviro 400s because there is a finite amount of Enviro 400s that don't have QR scanners or screens/speakers and are on their last legs. 19067 being one, since it was struggling to reverse out of a bay and kept nearly lunging forward into the glass doors due to its age
You might get 19541 and 19633-35 off us

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

You might get 19541 and 19633-35 off us
I say us because Hull is nearby to Grimsby

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I think I am right about 26274 staying at Hull
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1150.jpeg
    IMG_1150.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
You might get 19541 and 19633-35 off us

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I say us because Hull is nearby to Grimsby

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I think I am right about 26274 staying at Hull
26274 is on short term loan until the weekend to cover vehicles currently of the road but with 19635/8 returning it shouldn't be needed after then

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Do you what batch of Enviro400MMCs Grimsby are getting from Hull?
Hull drivers have been told they are not loosing many buses once electrics are in service due to fact there still short
(only buses going be the ones with no next stop screens eg some 19's and the 22's)

Also when buses leave the MMCs (73 plates) are meant to be only double deckers staying due to some routes can't use electrics such as 255/6 and Schools plus a few public routes where the electrics are not funded for such as 11/111
 
Last edited:

Zenneth101

Member
Joined
21 Jul 2024
Messages
463
Location
Kingston-upon-Hull
If I'm right, 19638 doesnt have tax or MOT yet (I checked 2 days ago) so I doubt its coming back anytime shortly, it'll probably be a bit more time depending what still needs doing
 

Fox192

Member
Joined
17 Oct 2023
Messages
398
Location
Hull
If I'm right, 19638 doesnt have tax or MOT yet (I checked 2 days ago) so I doubt its coming back anytime shortly, it'll probably be a bit more time depending what still needs doing
I saw a someone say yesterday i think that it had been mot, also is there any idea yet when the electrics are going to be out

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

It’s been taxed anyway at least
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1672.png
    IMG_1672.png
    382.5 KB · Views: 10

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
26274 looks to be still on loan however was due to go back to Grimsby over the weekend unless plans have now changed
 

haydezfrfr

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2025
Messages
114
Location
grimsby
26274 looks to be still on loan however was due to go back to Grimsby over the weekend unless plans have now changed
Loan over the weekend, should return back here Monday ish?

In other news we’ve got 10746 and 19297 double deckers on the 53 which is a change
 

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
Loan over the weekend, should return back here Monday ish?

In other news we’ve got 10746 and 19297 double deckers on the 53 which is a change
26274 was also currently loaned until a permanent vehicle to replace 26255. Also to help cover their broken vehicles hutch as 19638 and 28611
 

Patsbuses160

Member
Joined
16 Jan 2026
Messages
242
Location
Grimsby
Heres the newly painted 27196 on 53 to Grimsby.
 

Attachments

  • 20260516_113245.jpg
    20260516_113245.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 20260516_113320.jpg
    20260516_113320.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 32

Zenneth101

Member
Joined
21 Jul 2024
Messages
463
Location
Kingston-upon-Hull
Maybe 26274 is going back to Grimsby tomorrow considering its the least service day compared to a Saturday, guess we will see where it is on Monday and if 28611 and/or 19638 will be in position to return to service for Hull
 

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
Looks like a bad accident on A60 affecting Prontos between Nottingham and Mansfield with many buses diverted. At one stage four were together heading north, but three eventually were turned round (not easy where it was) but 10973 still there. Ambulances police and fire engine just leaving after approx. one hour but road still closed.

Update. 10973 just released and turned round. Passed my house heading south but clearly a runner. No evident damage. So must have just been adjacent to what happened.
 

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
Maybe 26274 is going back to Grimsby tomorrow considering its the least service day compared to a Saturday, guess we will see where it is on Monday and if 28611 and/or 19638 will be in position to return to service for Hull
28611 requires a gearbox
 

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
Looks like a bad accident on A60 affecting Prontos between Nottingham and Mansfield with many buses diverted. At one stage four were together heading north, but three eventually were turned round (not easy where it was) but 10973 still there. Ambulances police and fire engine just leaving after approx. one hour but road still closed.

Update. 10973 just released and turned round. Passed my house heading south but clearly a runner. No evident damage. So must have just been adjacent to what happened.

further update 22.57 hrs. Road still closed. Local media says three cars but no bus involved. Must presume 10973 there so long because driver was a witness. Bus diversion takes deckers along a nice country lane through the woods. Interesting now it is dark and buses have just passed on there.
 

ChrisC

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2018
Messages
2,266
Location
Nottinghamshire
further update 22.57 hrs. Road still closed. Local media says three cars but no bus involved. Must presume 10973 there so long because driver was a witness. Bus diversion takes deckers along a nice country lane through the woods. Interesting now it is dark and buses have just passed on there.
At around 1840 a Pronto double decker passed through Papplewick and Linby on the 141 route towards Hucknall. It was just a few minutes after the scheduled time of the final 141 of the day towards Nottingham and I got quite excited thinking that there was a double decker on the 141 route. To my surprise it went as far as the roundabout in Linby and returned back the way it had come to the A60.

I looked at bustimes.org and it appeared to have been on its way from Nottingham to Mansfield and had turned around somewhere on the A60 just south of the accident site and then turned right into Forest Lane and towards Papplewick. After it got back to the A60 it seems to have gone back towards Nottingham all the way to the Redhill Roundabout and then followed the diversionary route up the A614. I’m surprised it didn’t go up Burnstump Hill. Why it first went to Linby and back I have no idea or why it returned to the A60 and then Redhill. Having gone towards Papplewick and Linby I would have thought it would have continued to Mansfield via Annesley or even via Papplewick Village on the 141 route to Ravenshead.
 

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
At around 1840 a Pronto double decker passed through Papplewick and Linby on the 141 route towards Hucknall. It was just a few minutes after the scheduled time of the final 141 of the day towards Nottingham and I got quite excited thinking that there was a double decker on the 141 route. To my surprise it went as far as the roundabout in Linby and returned back the way it had come to the A60.

I looked at bustimes.org and it appeared to have been on its way from Nottingham to Mansfield and had turned around somewhere on the A60 just south of the accident site and then turned right into Forest Lane and towards Papplewick. After it got back to the A60 it seems to have gone back towards Nottingham all the way to the Redhill Roundabout and then followed the diversionary route up the A614. I’m surprised it didn’t go up Burnstump Hill. Why it first went to Linby and back I have no idea or why it returned to the A60 and then Redhill. Having gone towards Papplewick and Linby I would have thought it would have continued to Mansfield via Annesley or even via Papplewick Village on the 141 route to Ravenshead.
Chris. See above. The bus you saw was one of those released from behind the crash blocking the A60. Of those, one did go via Burntstump Hill, A614 and Longdale Lane. Two returned all the way to Leapool Island to join the A614 whilst the fourth did as you describe. Only the driver knows why! Perhaps he was using his initiative at first, then got a message to go A614 which is the standard diversion route when the A60 is closed. 10973 when it was eventually released did go Papplewick village and Blidworth Waye.
 

Brightsidio

Member
Joined
7 Nov 2024
Messages
36
Location
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
At around 1840 a Pronto double decker passed through Papplewick and Linby on the 141 route towards Hucknall. It was just a few minutes after the scheduled time of the final 141 of the day towards Nottingham and I got quite excited thinking that there was a double decker on the 141 route. To my surprise it went as far as the roundabout in Linby and returned back the way it had come to the A60.

I looked at bustimes.org and it appeared to have been on its way from Nottingham to Mansfield and had turned around somewhere on the A60 just south of the accident site and then turned right into Forest Lane and towards Papplewick. After it got back to the A60 it seems to have gone back towards Nottingham all the way to the Redhill Roundabout and then followed the diversionary route up the A614. I’m surprised it didn’t go up Burnstump Hill. Why it first went to Linby and back I have no idea or why it returned to the A60 and then Redhill. Having gone towards Papplewick and Linby I would have thought it would have continued to Mansfield via Annesley or even via Papplewick Village on the 141 route to Ravenshead.
I was on that bus, too, and I actually liked that little scenic route despite the heavy delay…
 

Top