• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Midlands - Timetables, Services, & Wider Operations

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thomas04

Member
Joined
22 Feb 2025
Messages
238
Location
Cleethorpes
Would be cautious using bustimes tracking as it shows 19106 and 19527 (both not Grimsby vehicles) tracking on Grimsby routes in the last week, granted they were only one late night service each but tracking messed up. 19383 tracked on 5 services in Grimsby today before Hull services showed up
19106 is now at grimsby. But it would still be strange for stagecoach to put a open topper on in the middle of the night in the winter
 

SteveyBee131

Member
Joined
28 Oct 2017
Messages
742
Location
Grimsby Town
It’s moved to Hull! Welcome back 19383!

Very much still double tracking as it is back on Grimsby routes again, now on 51B
Can confirm the actual 19383 is still in Grimsby, I travelled on her today on board C0603. She swapped with 19126 on board C1201, but she's still Grimbarian as I write this.

(NB. I'm not on the inside and have no access to any insider information or other gen etc, it's just what I've seen with my eyes.)
 

Zenneth101

Member
Joined
21 Jul 2024
Messages
463
Location
Kingston-upon-Hull
Can confirm the actual 19383 is still in Grimsby, I travelled on her today on board C0603. She swapped with 19126 on board C1201, but she's still Grimbarian as I write this.

(NB. I'm not on the inside and have no access to any insider information or other gen etc, it's just what I've seen with my eyes.)
I can confirm as a local to Hulls 4 that 19211 was tracking as 19383.
 

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
Just for people's confirmation had it confirmed by a source still at the depot as said before I moved from Hull a while ago but have some contacts so my info is accurate

19381/3 have not come to Hull
26172 is in Scunthorpe replacing 36116 which is getting rebuilt in Hull Depot

10734 is away at Pickering getting interior retrimmed it is also been repainted (touched up) and will remain in the old pride livery for events in East Midlands

19633/4/5 all now in service at Hull
 

Zenneth101

Member
Joined
21 Jul 2024
Messages
463
Location
Kingston-upon-Hull
Any news on 19638

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

27183 is at Scunthorpe as it failed before doing 22:20 to Barton by looks of it
26177 filled in and went to Hull depot after the 23:20 255 to North Bransholme
 
Last edited:

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
Impressive work by Mansfield on Pronto last night. The 2220 ex Nottingham consisted of 2x E400MMC. 11680 was the service car having been on board MPRO2 all day. 10978 had finished on board MPRO9 in Mansfield by 2030 and ran light to Nottingham to boost capacity. Both left on time. I saw them mid route and the duplication was justified. The later 2320 and 0020 departures both managed with one bus so someone at MD knows when the demand peaks, and how much!
 

Llandudno

Established Member
Joined
25 Dec 2014
Messages
2,750
Location
Matlock
Impressive work by Mansfield on Pronto last night. The 2220 ex Nottingham consisted of 2x E400MMC. 11680 was the service car having been on board MPRO2 all day. 10978 had finished on board MPRO9 in Mansfield by 2030 and ran light to Nottingham to boost capacity. Both left on time. I saw them mid route and the duplication was justified. The later 2320 and 0020 departures both managed with one bus so someone at MD knows when the demand peaks, and how much!
I think there were issues with the Robin Hood rail line so this may have boosted bus numbers?

But good to see Stagecoach reacting to the increased demand, perhaps the Pronto should run half hourly at night though?
 

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
I think there were issues with the Robin Hood rail line so this may have boosted bus numbers?

But good to see Stagecoach reacting to the increased demand, perhaps the Pronto should run half hourly at night though?
Don’t know about RHL, may well be true, but still a good reaction as you say. Of course the bus and train start from opposite sides of the city centre, about 20 minutes brisk walk apart. Interesting that they seemed to have a driver spare, or willing to do extra hours on a Saturday evening, which is good. I will try to look out next Saturday to see what is happening.
I do agree the evening t/t could be improved a little. It is half hourly up to 2220, so I would just add a 2250. I think 2320 then 0020 after that is Ok, judging by loadings as they pass my house. On Sunday, I would add a 2315. I think the current last at 2215 is just a little early in comparison.
 

JD2168

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2022
Messages
1,733
Location
Sheffield
Just for people's confirmation had it confirmed by a source still at the depot as said before I moved from Hull a while ago but have some contacts so my info is accurate

19381/3 have not come to Hull
26172 is in Scunthorpe replacing 36116 which is getting rebuilt in Hull Depot

10734 is away at Pickering getting interior retrimmed it is also been repainted (touched up) and will remain in the old pride livery for events in East Midlands

19633/4/5 all now in service at Hull

19381 still at Gainsborough as I saw it on 99 on Friday
 

ChrisC

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2018
Messages
2,267
Location
Nottinghamshire
I think there were issues with the Robin Hood rail line so this may have boosted bus numbers?

But good to see Stagecoach reacting to the increased demand, perhaps the Pronto should run half hourly at night though?
Stagecoach Mansfield were very good at this a few years ago when there were no trains on the Robin Hood Line due to strikes. The Pronto did not run as late in the evening then but they ran a duplicate bus on the last Pronto bus between Nottingham and Mansfield on a number of occasions. They even advertised this well in advance.
 

KHCT

Member
Joined
17 Sep 2025
Messages
140
Location
East Yorks
Impressive work by Mansfield on Pronto last night. The 2220 ex Nottingham consisted of 2x E400MMC. 11680 was the service car having been on board MPRO2 all day. 10978 had finished on board MPRO9 in Mansfield by 2030 and ran light to Nottingham to boost capacity. Both left on time. I saw them mid route and the duplication was justified. The later 2320 and 0020 departures both managed with one bus so someone at MD knows when the demand peaks, and how much!
Sadly not as good in Hull today where they completely failed to cater to demand for the Christmas Festival in Beverley; it didn't occur to them to put double deckers on service 111 and I saw people left at bus stops en route to Beverley and at Beverley bus station. East Yorkshire buses ran a free park & ride and Northern Rail ran double their normal Sunday frequency between Hull and Beverley so everyone except Stagecoach planned for this very busy event.
 

Zenneth101

Member
Joined
21 Jul 2024
Messages
463
Location
Kingston-upon-Hull
Sad thing is though Northern was always late by 15-20 minutes, but better than Stagecoach, not the first time they've done it cos I was on a busy peak 5 and it got full.. COS IT WAS A MAN
 

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
I have been informed that 24129 and 24159 have passed its MOT at Gillmoss and due to move to East Midlands does anyone know which garage are recieving them presume Hull as I'm sure both are not Euro6 upgraded

If they are Euro6 then I suspect Mansfield or Worksop
 

Zenneth101

Member
Joined
21 Jul 2024
Messages
463
Location
Kingston-upon-Hull
26177 is still running out of Hull while 27183 is still at Scunthorpe, they had a chance to swap back yesterday and didn't, so I wonder if its permanent now
 

CN12 AWU

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2024
Messages
635
26177 is still running out of Hull while 27183 is still at Scunthorpe, they had a chance to swap back yesterday and didn't, so I wonder if its permanent now
I did hear talks that the E300's 27182/3, 27192/3, 27197 and 27200 at Hull could be exchanged for some repainted E200MMC's so I sounded if 26177 is one of theme
 

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
11276 is back, it hasn't been out since 8th September. I wonder if it's been painted into the new Pronto livery.
Providing Bustimes is reporting vehicle ID correctly, 11276 has just passed my house. It is not in “new Pronto” livery though devoid of most embellishments to base colours.
 

ChrisC

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2018
Messages
2,267
Location
Nottinghamshire
Since the big move around of buses between Hull and Mansfield a few weeks ago tracking on both bustimes.org and the Stagecoach app has been very inaccurate for the Mansfield 141 bus. Out of the 5 buses on the route at least one has not tracked on many days, and when they do it’s not always very reliable. Since the timetable change last February the service has been very reliable and mostly on time, but there’s also been lots of late running too these last few weeks since the change of buses. I live on one of the more rural sections between Mansfield and Nottingham and rely accurate tracking.
 

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
Since the big move around of buses between Hull and Mansfield a few weeks ago tracking on both bustimes.org and the Stagecoach app has been very inaccurate for the Mansfield 141 bus. Out of the 5 buses on the route at least one has not tracked on many days, and when they do it’s not always very reliable. Since the timetable change last February the service has been very reliable and mostly on time, but there’s also been lots of late running too these last few weeks since the change of buses. I live on one of the more rural sections between Mansfield and Nottingham and rely accurate tracking.
I was looking at 141 tracking on bus times this morning and it was a mess, with one bus stood at a stop for over one hour (allegedly) before jumping a few stops then reappearing elsewhere with a different vehicle. Another was a couple of stops away and not reported for 20 minutes or so before reappearing elsewhere on time. On Pronto, 11682 has been hit and miss since it came back in blue, sometimes not reporting for parts of the day even though it is hard to miss and I have seen it pass. Today it was (allegedly) stood at Newstead Abbey, not reporting, for 20 minutes or more before relocating to Mansfield bus station. Persistently at my stop towards Nottingham Prontos arrive three minutes ahead of predicted time, which is hard luck if you rely on the stop display and think you have just made it. I was once told that GPS signals in the Newstead Abbey area are hit and miss ”due to trees”.
 

ChrisC

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2018
Messages
2,267
Location
Nottinghamshire
I was looking at 141 tracking on bus times this morning and it was a mess, with one bus stood at a stop for over one hour (allegedly) before jumping a few stops then reappearing elsewhere with a different vehicle. Another was a couple of stops away and not reported for 20 minutes or so before reappearing elsewhere on time.
That‘s how it’s been regularly these last few weeks since the different buses, presumably from Hull, have been put on the route. Quite often the tracking has indicated a change of buses at Mansfield Bus Station followed by a departure for Nottingham up to 15 minutes late. Stagecoach Mansfield have been doing such a good job of reliably running the 141 recently but things have not been so good these last few weeks. I don’t want to see passenger numbers fall again as they did in the days of Trent Barton when they became so unrelaible.
 

andyb87

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2025
Messages
79
Location
mansfield
That‘s how it’s been regularly these last few weeks since the different buses, presumably from Hull, have been put on the route. Quite often the tracking has indicated a change of buses at Mansfield Bus Station followed by a departure for Nottingham up to 15 minutes late. Stagecoach Mansfield have been doing such a good job of reliably running the 141 recently but things have not been so good these last few weeks. I don’t want to see passenger numbers fall again as they did in the days of Trent Barton when they became so unrelaible.
Agreed, since I remember it back to its life as MGO B8. Trent had allowed but probably refused to acknowledge that the timings had become too tight for current conditions, yet still added little bits such as the Hucknall station loop. That lack of recovery coupled with vehicle issues led to the appalling reputation that Stagecoach inherited. They proved better but still somewhat unreliable until the latest iteration which added another bus and if anything too much recovery. It does appear that the ex Hull buses may be struggling but is this partly driver familiarity and/or reporting issues? I too hope this is not a retrenchment to earlier standards.
 

ChrisC

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2018
Messages
2,267
Location
Nottinghamshire
Agreed, since I remember it back to its life as MGO B8. Trent had allowed but probably refused to acknowledge that the timings had become too tight for current conditions, yet still added little bits such as the Hucknall station loop. That lack of recovery coupled with vehicle issues led to the appalling reputation that Stagecoach inherited. They proved better but still somewhat unreliable until the latest iteration which added another bus and if anything too much recovery. It does appear that the ex Hull buses may be struggling but is this partly driver familiarity and/or reporting issues? I too hope this is not a retrenchment to earlier standards.
I also remember it back to the days when it was the Midland General B8.
 

RareApe

Member
Joined
19 Aug 2025
Messages
125
Location
Mansfield
Providing Bustimes is reporting vehicle ID correctly, 11276 has just passed my house. It is not in “new Pronto” livery though devoid of most embellishments to base colours.
Yeah, I saw it this morning and it isn't in the new pronto livery.
 

Top