Minerva05
Member
I have read on several occasions of a regular SR service made up of a class 33/1 leading followed by 1 or more TC units with a 4VEP at the rear. This was so that the train could divide en route and serve electrified/ un electrified destinations. Was it possible for the driver of a SR class 33/1 to control the equipment of S R EMUs in the same consist or was the EMU dragged unpowered?
I am curious as to how the driver in the ‘Crompton’ as able to control the VEP unit, as the diesel would have a notchless power controller whereas the EMU would have 4 step control.
Were the controls in the diesel modified in some way to achieve the 4 different power settings needed? Many thanks for any info…I’m just technically curious as to how it was done…
I am curious as to how the driver in the ‘Crompton’ as able to control the VEP unit, as the diesel would have a notchless power controller whereas the EMU would have 4 step control.
Were the controls in the diesel modified in some way to achieve the 4 different power settings needed? Many thanks for any info…I’m just technically curious as to how it was done…