Cool, I saw there was one space on the Dec course for Brighton. Welcome.Brighton for me
Cool, I saw there was one space on the Dec course for Brighton. Welcome.Brighton for me
Does anyone know the percentage of pension contributions you pay with Southern?
Hi guys. Does anyone know what the salary bands are for trainee's and how long it takes to get through the various stages to the full drivers salary , i.e., how many months the various stages take. Also, was there a rise in the full drivers salary recently for GTR (Southern)?
Hi REO Nate,I will DM an answer to this
Has it gone up with the pay rises?I will DM an answer to this
I'd like to know this too pleaseHi guys. Does anyone know what the salary bands are for trainee's and how long it takes to get through the various stages to the full drivers salary , i.e., how many months the various stages take. Also, was there a rise in the full drivers salary recently for GTR (Southern)?
Didn't think there were any more courses this year.Anyone else on the November course?
All salaries rise the appropriate increase percentageHas it gone up with the pay rises?
Would love if you could DM the same pleaseI will DM an answer to this
“How long is a piece of string” From what I’ve heard Barnham might be seeing a large intake if you happened to live that way!Morning all, I’ve just got into the talent pool for Brighton from the recruitment drive last june(I think!). Does anyone know a rough timescale of how long I’d be waiting? Not in a rush at all as happy in my current role but it would be nice to have a little bit of clarification!
Thanks
Barnham is bordering on a 1 hour drive so probably not the most suitable, but apparently theres 70 odd trainees there at the moment!“How long is a piece of string” From what I’ve heard Barnham might be seeing a large intake if you happened to live that way!
If you take the 0 off your guess then you’ll be a lot closer!Barnham is bordering on a 1 hour drive so probably not the most suitable, but apparently theres 70 odd trainees there at the moment!
Hi Sly,There’s 8 courses planned for next year! Could be 10 if they can fit them in now that the willingness to work rest days post pay deal continues to dry up!
I was referring to Southern! Have no idea about Thameslink I’m afraidHi Sly,
I'm a trainee train driver waiting for a start date for Thameslink.
I was told there were only 3 courses next year, do you know if this has changed? Also apparently the course due to start in Feb may have been pushed back. I don't suppose you know anything about that?
Many thanks
Hazwa89
Hi Sly,I was referring to Southern! Have no idea about Thameslink I’m afraid
Hi Sly,
Thanks for the reply.
Out of interest are the training courses different for each franchise? So Southern trainee drivers on a Southern course and Thameslink on Thameslink, Gatwick express on a Gatwick express course Ect?
I didn't know if they would be mixed under GTR
How many trainees are in each class? I'm hoping to be in one of these courses!There’s 8 courses planned for next year! Could be 10 if they can fit them in now that the willingness to work rest days post pay deal continues to dry up!
They probably have to be at least for the Route learning part of the course and also assuming the trains are different with each franchise. So whilst the rules will be the same, there will be various elements that are specific to each brand.Hi Sly,
Thanks for the reply.
Out of interest are the training courses different for each franchise? So Southern trainee drivers on a Southern course and Thameslink on Thameslink, Gatwick express on a Gatwick express course Ect?
I didn't know if they would be mixed under GTR
8 per course is usually the normHow many trainees are in each class? I'm hoping to be in one of these courses!
Ah okay thabkyou8 per course is usually the norm
I got told in my line manager interview last week as I'm Horsham il be Brighton or Barnham, likely Barnham is my best bet so by sounds of it Barnham has the space for a new load of trainees soonIf you take the 0 off your guess then you’ll be a lot closer!
Barnham want at least 25 trainees next year!Ah okay thabkyou
I got told in my line manager interview last week as I'm Horsham il be Brighton or Barnham, likely Barnham is my best bet so by sounds of it Barnham has the space for a new load of trainees soon
There are no mix of brands on training courses! Gatex don’t take trainees normally. Thameslink require further rules due to the nature of the signalling system they use that Southern don’tHi Sly,
Thanks for the reply.
Out of interest are the training courses different for each franchise? So Southern trainee drivers on a Southern course and Thameslink on Thameslink, Gatwick express on a Gatwick express course Ect?
I didn't know if they would be mixed under GTR