Nicholas Lewis
Established Member
seats were comfier thoughI do think they are better than the 2 HAPs I used to commute to school on on Coastway services. I recall them being v drafty and cold in winter!
seats were comfier thoughI do think they are better than the 2 HAPs I used to commute to school on on Coastway services. I recall them being v drafty and cold in winter!
313 seats aren't that bad nglseats were comfier though
I think they are a bit like southern 3+2 seating on 377s which are just slightly more padded ironing board seats.313 seats aren't that bad ngl
Yeah and they're a bit similar to the seats on the Class 455I think they are a bit like southern 3+2 seating on 377s which are just slightly more padded ironing board seats.
The same but with different moquette and added armrests I believe.Yeah and they're a bit similar to the seats on the Class 455
A different make to the Fainsa seats though, which are those most commonly referred to as ironing boards.I think they are a bit like southern 3+2 seating on 377s which are just slightly more padded ironing board seats.
Yeah and they're a bit similar to the seats on the Class 455
Or the IET seatsThe same but with different moquette and added armrests I believe.
A different make to the Fainsa seats though, which are those most commonly referred to as ironing boards.
No idea . I probably would guess it's 217Is there a source for one unit to be withdrawn next month?
The Southern 313 and 455 were fitted with the same seats but a different pattern on the moquette. They’re also found on Class 172, a train I really rather hate travelling on.Definitely softer than those . Was on the tour and I had a sore bum I gonna tell you that![]()
Yes, I said Fainsa, and although I meant the type used on 387s/700s, etc, Fainsa make the IET seats too. They’re called Sophias.Definitely softer than those . Was on the tour and I had a sore bum I gonna tell you that
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Or the IET seats
Are they ? The 313 seats feel softerThe Southern 313 and 455 were fitted with the same seats but a different pattern on the moquette. They’re also found on Class 172, a train I really rather hate travelling on.
Yes, I said Fainsa, and although I meant the type used on 387s/700s, etc, Fainsa make the IET seats too. They’re called Sophias.
Yes, as given away by the position of the dents in the cushion, and the seatback design.Are they ? The 313 seats feel softer
I'm not sure, but I think this thread might be dedicated for actual updates on the withdrawal process. The "Trip Planning and Reports" section is a great sub-forum for you to post your daily experiences on the 313s if you fancy making a thread on there about your trips out on the coastway.Had a ride on 313205 today . It was fairly smooth unlike 212 which I had Sunday

Before we go any further. For the love of god please don’t turn this into another thread about seats!
Thank you very much.![]()

313201 – BI709I agree
What sets were out today? Is 206 back from Selhurst?
Haha I am sorryBefore we go any further. For the love of god please don’t turn this into another thread about seats!
Thank you very much.![]()
A reminder that its all but official that 12x 377/5s are coming to southern late august, for 'application of southern branding' (no idea what that is gonna entail) ready for mid September.
If you want allocations, you can make a request on the TOPS Requests thread.Today’s allocations?
I am still pondering the source for one unit that will be withdrawn. Someone posted that is would be but didn’t provide a source![]()

SorryIf you want allocations, you can make a request on the TOPS Requests thread.![]()
I wasn’t expecting anything?@WizCastro197
Don't expect the allocations to be posted every day. They are done out of goodwill and when the owner has time. We've already had one forum member upset him
And I'm sure once units officially start being withdrawn, we will know about it. Speculate all you like![]()
This incident was a a while ago, we don’t need to keep alluding to it.I wasn’t expecting anything?
@that1pepfan often knows which ones are out whether he uses the site or not? I have no idea how find which units are operating what on their site.
See your quote in post 588I wasn’t expecting anything?
No I wasn’t expecting it, I was purely asking which ones are out if someone knew? I wasn’t necessarily expecting anything.See your quote in post 588
313201 – Not AllocatedI wasn’t expecting anything?
@that1pepfan often knows which ones are out whether he uses the site or not? I have no idea how find which units are operating what on their site.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
This incident was a a while ago, we don’t need to keep alluding to it.
I see them if I'm out and about and post here but 90% time I just use the website and sayI wasn’t expecting anything?
@that1pepfan often knows which ones are out whether he uses the site or not? I have no idea how find which units are operating what on their site.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
This incident was a a while ago, we don’t need to keep alluding to it.

Thanks @CowleyThread reopened for @Islineclear3_1 to provide an update.![]()
Ahh, interesting. The wind down has at last begun.Thanks @Cowley
Has been reported on another thread that 313.206 and 211 have been sent to Hove Yard for storage.
No, you can take 205, 211 is sounding wonderful when I saw it a few weeks ago @prp working A service to West Worthing on ECSGlad I managed a return trip on 206 last Friday to Seaford in that case - a great unit. 211, well, you can keep that one.