• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Class 313 withdrawal/storage/scrapping updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,884
Location
Cambridge
Yeah and they're a bit similar to the seats on the Class 455
The same but with different moquette and added armrests I believe.
I think they are a bit like southern 3+2 seating on 377s which are just slightly more padded ironing board seats.
A different make to the Fainsa seats though, which are those most commonly referred to as ironing boards.
 

that1pepfan

On Moderation
Joined
19 Oct 2022
Messages
537
Location
Brighton
Yeah and they're a bit similar to the seats on the Class 455

Definitely softer than those . Was on the tour and I had a sore bum I gonna tell you that :lol:

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

The same but with different moquette and added armrests I believe.

A different make to the Fainsa seats though, which are those most commonly referred to as ironing boards.
Or the IET seats
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,884
Location
Cambridge
Definitely softer than those . Was on the tour and I had a sore bum I gonna tell you that :lol:
The Southern 313 and 455 were fitted with the same seats but a different pattern on the moquette. They’re also found on Class 172, a train I really rather hate travelling on.

Definitely softer than those . Was on the tour and I had a sore bum I gonna tell you that :lol:

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Or the IET seats
Yes, I said Fainsa, and although I meant the type used on 387s/700s, etc, Fainsa make the IET seats too. They’re called Sophias.
 

that1pepfan

On Moderation
Joined
19 Oct 2022
Messages
537
Location
Brighton
The Southern 313 and 455 were fitted with the same seats but a different pattern on the moquette. They’re also found on Class 172, a train I really rather hate travelling on.


Yes, I said Fainsa, and although I meant the type used on 387s/700s, etc, Fainsa make the IET seats too. They’re called Sophias.
Are they ? The 313 seats feel softer
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,940
Location
Devon
Before we go any further. For the love of god please don’t turn this into another thread about seats!

Thank you very much. :)
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,884
Location
Cambridge
Had a ride on 313205 today . It was fairly smooth unlike 212 which I had Sunday
I'm not sure, but I think this thread might be dedicated for actual updates on the withdrawal process. The "Trip Planning and Reports" section is a great sub-forum for you to post your daily experiences on the 313s if you fancy making a thread on there about your trips out on the coastway. :)
 

that1pepfan

On Moderation
Joined
19 Oct 2022
Messages
537
Location
Brighton
:lol:;) I agree :)


What sets were out today? Is 206 back from Selhurst?
313201 – BI709
313202 – Not Allocated
313203 – BI705
313204 – BI704
313205 – BI708
313206 – BI712
313207 – Not Allocated
313208 – BI711
313209 – BI706
313210 – BI707
313211 – Not Allocated
313212 – Not Allocated
313213 – BI703
313214 – Not Allocated
313215 – BI701
313216 – BI710
313217 – Not Allocated
313219 – BI702
313220 – Not Allocated

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Before we go any further. For the love of god please don’t turn this into another thread about seats!

Thank you very much. :)
Haha I am sorry :lol:

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Lol that never happened
A reminder that its all but official that 12x 377/5s are coming to southern late august, for 'application of southern branding' (no idea what that is gonna entail) ready for mid September.
 
Last edited:

WizCastro197

Established Member
Joined
12 May 2022
Messages
1,468
Location
Reigate
I am still pondering the source for one unit that will be withdrawn. Someone posted that is would be but didn’t provide a source :(
 

WizCastro197

Established Member
Joined
12 May 2022
Messages
1,468
Location
Reigate
@WizCastro197

Don't expect the allocations to be posted every day. They are done out of goodwill and when the owner has time. We've already had one forum member upset him

And I'm sure once units officially start being withdrawn, we will know about it. Speculate all you like ;)
I wasn’t expecting anything?

@that1pepfan often knows which ones are out whether he uses the site or not? I have no idea how find which units are operating what on their site.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I wasn’t expecting anything?

@that1pepfan often knows which ones are out whether he uses the site or not? I have no idea how find which units are operating what on their site.
This incident was a a while ago, we don’t need to keep alluding to it.
 

that1pepfan

On Moderation
Joined
19 Oct 2022
Messages
537
Location
Brighton
I wasn’t expecting anything?

@that1pepfan often knows which ones are out whether he uses the site or not? I have no idea how find which units are operating what on their site.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


This incident was a a while ago, we don’t need to keep alluding to it.
313201 – Not Allocated
313202 – Not Allocated
313203 – Not Allocated
313204 – BI705
313205 – Not Allocated
313206 – BI706
313207 – BI709
313208 – BI711
313209 – BI710
313210 – BI702
313211 – Not Allocated
313212 – BI708
313213 – BI703
313214 – Not Allocated
313215 – BI704
313216 – BI707
313217 – Not Allocated
313219 – BI701
313220 – Not Allocated

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I wasn’t expecting anything?

@that1pepfan often knows which ones are out whether he uses the site or not? I have no idea how find which units are operating what on their site.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


This incident was a a while ago, we don’t need to keep alluding to it.
I see them if I'm out and about and post here but 90% time I just use the website and say

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Next 6 car 313 out is after Xmas because that's the next game
 

prod_pep

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2010
Messages
1,711
Location
Liverpool
Glad I managed a return trip on 206 last Friday to Seaford in that case - a great unit. 211, well, you can keep that one.
 

that1pepfan

On Moderation
Joined
19 Oct 2022
Messages
537
Location
Brighton
Glad I managed a return trip on 206 last Friday to Seaford in that case - a great unit. 211, well, you can keep that one.
No, you can take 205, 211 is sounding wonderful when I saw it a few weeks ago @prp working A service to West Worthing on ECS

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

313211+313208

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

377/3 Replaced 313s on BI712 BI711 & BI706

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

About my post, they only went to hove yard as there is an excess amount of other units that need work
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top