The first part re: the 377/5s is from an internal source, the 379/387 thing was from the railway media.Strange I haven't heard that at all.
I'll have a word with those involved and ask
The first part re: the 377/5s is from an internal source, the 379/387 thing was from the railway media.Strange I haven't heard that at all.
I'll have a word with those involved and ask
Yes.The first part re: the 377/5s is from an internal source, the 379/387 thing was from the railway media.
I dont believe we need the exact stock level as before either. We'd still have less stock than before if the 387s did come over. Peak travel is 70 odd percent. Some peak services do need to be strengthened or reintroduced.Leisure travel back at 100% does not require peak extras such as Victoria to Tattenham / Caterham services to run. Neither does it need the fleet to be restored to its previous level.
Yes we digress.There should probably be a new thread discussing the movement of these units?
I definitely feel the passengers have been undercut from what they used to have.I dont believe we need the exact stock level as before either. We'd still have stock than before if the 387s did come over. Peak travel is 70 odd percent. Some peak services do need to be strengthened or reintroduced.
It was actually mid-August 1976, BR introduced a shuttle between Drayton Park - Old Street. They ran empty to Moorgate to reverse, as the escalators were still being replaced. I’ve got the timetable somewhere - as I recall service stopped at about 20.00 each evening, and Essex Road was closed at weekends as I think it had been in its latter LT days. Would have probably only required 4 or 5 units for that service.8 November 1976
Out of curiosity, what will be the next oldest EMUs after the 313s?
It works both ways. The passengers have undercut the railway from what it used to have.I definitely feel the passengers have been undercut from what they used to have.
Pre-covid wasn’t there extra peaks running on the WLL? I have heard that there was an extra train an hour that terminates at Watford Junction/Shepherds Bush but uncertain if it was real.Any 387 transfer to Southern (not happening I know) would be very much appreciated on the West London Line where the 4 cars with too much bay seating cannot cope with the loadings at Westfield.
Was that first run on BR metals ie for testing or carrying passengers?8 November 1976
Out of curiosity, what will be the next oldest EMUs after the 313s?
YesThere should probably be a new thread discussing the movement of these units?
Yes, especially as it's been posted on here that 3 units might be stood down in December.Can we please keep this thread for the run-down of Southern's 313s?
the daily diagrams will reduce from 16 to 13 in the December timetable. That Doesn't necessarily mean that 3 units will be withdrawn but allows more time to maintainance etc.Yes
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Yes, especially as it's been posted on here that 3 units might be stood down in December.
of those 16, there's only 12 working diagrams currently (4 spare at Lovers Walk all week) and that reduces to 9 working diagrams from May.the daily diagrams will reduce from 16 to 13 in the December timetable. That Doesn't necessarily mean that 3 units will be withdrawn but allows more time to maintainance etc.
Correct, the 4 spare diagrams are still on the bookof those 16, there's only 12 working diagrams currently (4 spare at Lovers Walk all week) and that reduces to 9 working diagrams from May.
Do you have a source for additional 377/s's moving to the coast?From December 3x 313's will be removed and will be replaced with 3x three cars, 3 series 377's. The rest of the 313's are looking at going in May 2023.
The problem on GTR/Southern is theres a mismatch between the services on which the revenue loss has occured and the routes being cut.It works both ways. The passengers have undercut the railway from what it used to have.
As it looks like it hasn't run in service for a few days, perhaps a test run of some sort post maintenance?Completely unrelated but 313212 was on 5Z55 lovers walk to lovers walk.. why was this doing this
Yea it just came down from selhurstAs it looks like it hasn't run in service for a few days, perhaps a test run of some sort post maintenance?
The response by the dft is disproportionate considering leisure travel back at 100%
I definitely feel the passengers have been undercut from what they used to have.
Depends... Probably about 3 or 4 a weekHow often to 313s venture to Selhurst for repairs etc?
Not sure about that. Don't they just go for tyre turning or major mechanical work?Depends... Probably about 3 or 4 a week
Happens probably more than that... It feels it happens at least once a dayNot sure about that. Don't they just go for tyre turning or major mechanical work?
Do they occur on weekdays or weekends? Any standard Headcodes used?Happens probably more than that... It feels it happens at least once a day