• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern unwilling to hold train for connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Joined
26 Sep 2016
Messages
1,605
Location
Kent
That's fine then, I would agree that Southeastern were within their rights to refuse to hold the train. I will point out that the high speed services will always have an Onboard Manager onboard but are still Driver Only Operated and do not have a guard onboard.
I accept they were within their rights and do not feel I was entitled for the train to be held, although of course it was have been nice.

Exactly! At least trains have staff. We must keep someone on the train for safety.

Goodnight all!

I would say that is a far point, you are free to take it up with Southeastern. They will likely explain to you that it wouldn't be operationally nor economically viable to delay the train for an unofficial connection. Each minute of delay costs at least £100.00 if not more!

You make a fair point there, funnily enough there are some trains on which the driver does some or all of the announcements. However they still make a good point in that onboard these services (which are Driver Only Operated) everything is operated by the driver.
Thank you, I am glad you see things from my perspective. Ahhh that makes a lot more sense. Possibly what I was told could have been worded better. I have never been on a service with nobody checking ticketd and/or making announcements, it is interesting to know that some are DOO.


I would take it up with Southeatern but doubt they wil be very fourth coming. It seems the staff are already enjoying a gossip about me according to a poster further up the thread. Awful customer service skills coupled with breaking confidentiality. I wish I knew the rest of it lol.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Joined
26 Sep 2016
Messages
1,605
Location
Kent
Well I needed a good laugh this evening and this thread has not disappointed.
Well I am glad you enjoyed the entertainment(!) Stay tuned for the next disgruntled passenger to continue your comedy show. I had an awfuo journey back and the day will come that the railway fails you too I am sure ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top