• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern - Trainee Driver - Recruitment Discussion

mickeyC

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2024
Messages
189
Location
kent
I'm at Ashford, having my first day there tomorrow. Monday and today was introduction days, been to Tonbridge and the connect 38.
Nice
Adam brown, one of the trainers mentioned a new group was starting, another group is already there nearly finishing module 2.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chewie

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2026
Messages
20
Location
kent
Nice
Adam brown, one of the trainers mentioned a new group was starting, another group is already there nearly finishing module 2.
Yeah I've heard that name it says i will have him on my planner and there's another group who started in September, they said we will see them tomorrow so we can pick their brain lol.
 

ollie_3D

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2026
Messages
35
Location
Maidstone
Yeah I've heard that name it says i will have him on my planner and there's another group who started in September, they said we will see them tomorrow so we can pick their brain lol.
Adam is brilliant, I’ve had him for a couple of my sessions and he’s a right laugh trust me. You’ll get along just fine with him as your assessor
 

RDJW18

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2025
Messages
41
Location
Kent
On average how long were people waiting from passing everything to actually being given a start date and starting training ?
 

Purplerain77

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2026
Messages
81
Location
Dartford
On average how long were people waiting from passing everything to actually being given a start date and starting training ?
I passed everything in July, medical was in August and have just been offered a start date for March 2027. So 7 months for me but I just missed out on this years courses so it varies a lot really
 

Twin82

Member
Joined
24 Mar 2026
Messages
291
Location
Wandsworth Road
Love this, amazing and exciting news.
I'm looking forward to hearing how everything goes for you.
Iv not been very vocal on here but I'm still here in the background keeping up with everyone's progress.
Well done for getting through and finally getting your start date I'm so so happy for you.
Congratulations to everyone else who has passed everything and waiting to start their new journey.
I'm still waiting for my DMI invitation.
The more time that passes the more anxious I get. It's very easy to overwhelm yourself with too much information so I'm trying really hard not to do that.
Keep us posted and good luck
Thanks @GemmaLouise I really appreciate it.

I know how the wait can feel. The good thing is there’s considerable movement and they’re starting to fill spaces for next year. If you haven’t done so recently, you could drop them an email kindly asking for an update. As you know they are excellent with responding to emails. So fingers crossed you don’t have much long of a wait left. Have you done your MMI already? Although they told me my next step was DMI, they sent me MMI invitation.

In my case, I’ve always chose the last booking dates, from assessment day to both interviews. I was told in my interview that there was one space left for September and it was taken now, which made me think, as I was the 2nd person interviewed that day, the person who interview before me must of taken that space. Maybe had I booked an earlier date, I would of been on an earlier course but it didn’t really bother me. Sometimes booking the earliest date gives you a shot at an earlier start date. What I’m getting at is sometimes it may work out in your favour if you take the earliest dates. But personally I wouldn’t do it any differently as I rather more time to prepare. I will definitely give updates on my journey and good luck moving forward. Hopefully sooner than later
 
Last edited:

Chewie

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2026
Messages
20
Location
kent
On average how long were people waiting from passing everything to actually being given a start date and starting training ?
For me i applied last October 2025, done the assessments in January, MMI in June and DMI in July now started in October so exactly a year lol.
Adam is brilliant, I’ve had him for a couple of my sessions and he’s a right laugh trust me. You’ll get along just fine with him as your assessor
Yeah i had him today and he was a great laugh and definitely makes me exited to go on this journey. Although these first couple of days have just been a get to know everyone and what the course is about. It gives me confidence going into this knowing i will get all the support i need and they want you to succeed rather than to fail.
 

RDJW18

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2025
Messages
41
Location
Kent
I’d be interested in people opinions. Do you reckon it’s best to ask if I can put myself down for talent pools for additional depots in the hope a vacancy arises or just stay with the one I’m in now ?
 

Purplerain77

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2026
Messages
81
Location
Dartford
I’d be interested in people opinions. Do you reckon it’s best to ask if I can put myself down for talent pools for additional depots in the hope a vacancy arises or just stay with the one I’m in now ?
I asked about this as I have a depot slightly closer, wasn’t fussed as I was happy with my allocation but if I could then it would be handy but apparently you have to take another DMI with the managers in that depot (if you’ve already done it ofc) so nothing changed really. I’d imagine if you’re earlier on in the process it would be possible
 

CFRAIL

Member
Joined
17 May 2019
Messages
341
I’d be interested in people opinions. Do you reckon it’s best to ask if I can put myself down for talent pools for additional depots in the hope a vacancy arises or just stay with the one I’m in now ?
There's certainly no harm in asking. What stage are you at currently? It may be worth asking the team where you are in the list etc... obviously progress will depend on your chosen depot and turnover etc...
 

Pablo 45

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2025
Messages
49
Location
London
On average how long were people waiting from passing everything to actually being given a start date and as

On average how long were people waiting from passing everything to actually being given a start date and starting training ?
I applied last year (different vacancy) past everything by February but still waiting for medical and who know when start date :/
 

RDJW18

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2025
Messages
41
Location
Kent
I asked about this as I have a depot slightly closer, wasn’t fussed as I was happy with my allocation but if I could then it would be handy but apparently you have to take another DMI with the managers in that depot (if you’ve already done it ofc) so nothing changed really. I’d imagine if you’re earlier on in the process it would be possible
Ah I didn’t realise you had to do another DMI. I won’t bother then, I’ve already passed everything so wouldn’t want to risk anything.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

There's certainly no harm in asking. What stage are you at currently? It may be worth asking the team where you are in the list etc... obviously progress will depend on your chosen depot and turnover etc...
I’ve passed everything, literally just waiting on a start date. I know I’m top of the list for my chosen depot however my chosen depot have recruited heavily recently so not sure how long the wait would be now.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I applied last year (different vacancy) past everything by February but still waiting for medical and who know when start date :/
Ah man, the waiting is the worst part. Fingers crossed you get some movement soon. Which depot are you going for ?
 

Pablo 45

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2025
Messages
49
Location
London
Ah I didn’t realise you had to do another DMI. I won’t bother then, I’ve already passed everything so wouldn’t want to risk anything.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I’ve passed everything, literally just waiting on a start date. I know I’m top of the list for my chosen depot however my chosen depot have recruited heavily recently so not sure how long the wait would be now.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Ah man, the waiting is the worst part. Fingers crossed you get some movement soon. Which depot are you going for ?
Waiting is a killer :( Victoria depot
 

CFRAIL

Member
Joined
17 May 2019
Messages
341
Ah I didn’t realise you had to do another DMI. I won’t bother then, I’ve already passed everything so wouldn’t want to risk anything.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I’ve passed everything, literally just waiting on a start date. I know I’m top of the list for my chosen depot however my chosen depot have recruited heavily recently so not sure how long the wait would be now.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Ah man, the waiting is the worst part. Fingers crossed you get some movement soon. Which depot are you going for ?
I'd wait it out then if you're just waiting for a start date, there'll be several courses next year.
 

Top