teelwolf
Member
Hi there,
In September 2024, I was stopped at St Pancras by a Revenue Protections Officer for having travelled without a valid ticket. They sent a letter through the post a while later detailing plans to prosecute etc. I followed the advice on this site and sent them a long email to their prosecutions department (admitting my lapse in judgement, and asking them kindly if they'd settle out of court).
They never acknowledged that email (not sure if it was missed?)... but I've now received a court summons letter through the post, with the court date set to 19th March.
I would really like to avoid a criminal conviction and was hoping they would settle out of court but I'm not sure if it is too late for that now? What are my options?
Thank you all in advance for the help!
In September 2024, I was stopped at St Pancras by a Revenue Protections Officer for having travelled without a valid ticket. They sent a letter through the post a while later detailing plans to prosecute etc. I followed the advice on this site and sent them a long email to their prosecutions department (admitting my lapse in judgement, and asking them kindly if they'd settle out of court).
They never acknowledged that email (not sure if it was missed?)... but I've now received a court summons letter through the post, with the court date set to 19th March.
I would really like to avoid a criminal conviction and was hoping they would settle out of court but I'm not sure if it is too late for that now? What are my options?
Thank you all in advance for the help!
