Bletchleyite
Veteran Member
Of the Pendolino ones I think the wider black one looks nicer. The narrowing Azuma style one makes the "friendly smile" of the Pendolino nose end look more like an evil grin.
Although black is probably the most common colour for train fronts across the world.
Definitely prefer the white to black!The white pendo is good!
The red one reminds me of an SBB train:
![]()
ICN is what Class 390 should have been. Dressing dross like a 390 up in SBB colours is just an insult to the Swiss.Indeed. It was where I got my inspiration for the original image I made. In fact, I reckon I could get the whole Pendolino train to look like the ICN.![]()
Yep, I'd agree with that!I don't think The First group debrandings were DfT mandated. More that the group realised (about 10 years after everyone else in the country!) that (a) their colours were hideous, and (b) the name "First" had become toxic.
ICN is what Class 390 should have been. Dressing dross like a 390 up in SBB colours is just an insult to the Swiss.
and whilst I'm at it, the yellow bib on HSTs should have convex edges not concave. View attachment 39965
Presume it is to follow the headlight cluster? The original GWT Merlin livery shows how it should be done.Makes you wonder why they are as they are - I'd not noticed until your post, and now I can't un-see it, and it annoys me![]()
Remove the web address and App Store links that have no place at all on a train...
I rather think that was much of the thinking behind it, to provide continuity between the old and new Northern identities. The franchise launch certainly occurred with the minimum of fanfare to give an impression of "business as usual".Northern.
The livery isn't good anyway, and needs a complete rethink (it's far too close to the old one)
What? You do know the internet and apps are a huge part of ticketing and journey planning, don't you?
Makes you wonder why they are as they are - I'd not noticed until your post, and now I can't un-see it, and it annoys me![]()
I think it would be interesting to see it with the same blue as the doors.I think the top one would be the more likely, the moorgate fleet is due to have all white fronts. That said, the black front does look smart.
![]()
Mocked these up.
I prefer BR multiple units to have black Wipac lights View attachment 39964
View attachment 39988
A few from me.
but some (such as Virgin) have no stripe at all
That looks much better!