I may be wrong but I'm guessing that the 2 odd cancellations tonight may be due to stock being in the wrong place. If the Fort William stock is already at Edinburgh then that may explain why only the southbound Fort William is cancelled and not the northbound? And again with the lowland, if both sets of stock are at one end then they can only run one tonight to get them in the right place for tomorrow? But staffing may also come into it I guess?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Notice tonight's southbound highland sleeper from Inverness is running, but 18 minutes late, And the northbound has yet to leave Euston.
These are from Nation Rail website so not sure how up to date it is?
Also hearing the southbound Fort William has been cancelled due to melting snow flooding the West Highland Line, So I am guessing the northbound Fort William will not have a lounge car waiting at Edinburgh, if it runs at all?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone explain this?
http://realtime.nationalrail.co.uk/cct/train.aspx?T=CREWE+++&J=972675&R=0
Fort William portion splits at Edinburgh, Aberdeen & Inverness portions split at Inverkeithing.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Northbound Highland has departed an hour late.