The Virgin spare 221's are being used by XC today to double up for the Reading Festival on the SW services.I'm not saying this shouldn't be. But Surely Virgin have spare Voyagers with Euston shut? Could they not be used by EMT, and then the HSTs to Skeg as normal?
Mostly civilised - I believe some unhappy staff travel facilities holders were removed from the train at Grantham.
Mostly civilised - I believe some unhappy staff travel facilities holders were removed from the train at Grantham.
Removedwell?hock:
What's the gossip?
No queues! I'm on it now and its pretty quiet and civilised with mostly Mark 2 FOs.
As expected then (but not by EMT it seems!)
Oh dear... If they were EMT staff/holders then they hadn't read the memo about not accepting privs on the service. :roll:Mostly civilised - I believe some unhappy staff travel facilities holders were removed from the train at Grantham.
As it was not on the departure boards and most of the 'normal' passengers had been directed towards queuing for the 156 and 153 on the 0955 Nottingham to Skegness there was plenty of room for the enthusiasts who turned up.
The public timetable does have this info in it about the 09:43 from Nottingham. Hence passengers are directed towards the 09:55 Skeg train, it arrives first.As it was not on the departure boards and most of the 'normal' passengers had been directed towards queuing for the 156 and 153 on the 0955 Nottingham to Skegness there was plenty of room for the enthusiasts who turned up.
Note that the 0943 service from Nottingham to Skegness and will go via Grantham, so it will have a longer journey time than the 0955 departure from Nottingham.
However, if you have a large amount of luggage please travel on the 0943 service as this is operated by a HST which will offer more space and a comfortable journey..
Yes it is, but for some reason it has reservation cards put out for the 0844 Derby to St Pancras.
Shortly to leave Derby.
The public timetable does have this info in it about the 09:43 from Nottingham. Hence passengers are directed towards the 09:55 Skeg train, it arrives first.
Source: https://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.u... to 10 dec 2016/May17 TT7 Web Version v5.pdf
Am I the only one totally confused here?
Could someone summarise what actually ran yesterday, and give an indication of loadings, if possible? (Just out of general interest - I'm no 'shed' basher - to use what I understand is the vernacular.)
An HST did 07:53 derby to skeg and return. No idea on loadings on that though I'm afraid.
TnT 66s did 9:43 Nottingham to skeg. On departure from Nottingham they were pretty empty as most people were put on the 9:55, the 9:43 wasn't even shown on the screens. I think the logic was to keep space for Grantham passengers as a number boarded there and from there was well loaded. I left at Sleaford so can't comment on the loadings past there.
Thanks. Good to hear that EMT's efforts re the 09.43 were appreciated in terms of passenger response. Do these folks boarding at Grantham originate from the town, or are they travelling from London and elsewhere, any idea? (I've just started another thread on holiday traffic potential in general.)