• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

signaller aptutide tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

helly_belly

Member
Joined
20 Jul 2013
Messages
7
Hello,
I'm new here :D My name is Helen and I'm 31.
My husband has just got a job as a grade 2 signaller and he starts his training at Leeds on Monday.
I've applied to be a grade 3 signaller.
I've just done the verbal communications test and scored 80. I don't know if that's good or bad.
IF I get through to the aptitude tests.....is there a practice test I can buy to prepare me or is it literally just go and get it done?
I'm a person who likes to be prepared.
Thanks in advance.
Helen
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomnick

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2005
Messages
5,933
They should send you a pack with a description of what each test involves, and some practice material. The tests themselves were last discussed here (but compare that to the notes you'll receive - just in case it's changed!) - generally pretty straightforward to understand, I found, but make sure you've worked out what's occurring with the lift scenario before you have to face it for real!

Good luck :)
 

helly_belly

Member
Joined
20 Jul 2013
Messages
7
Thanks so much! Hubby said they are all fairly fresh in his mind but I like to have a practical go at things. It's just the way I am haha. Anyway, we shall see if I even get that far, as I said, I'm not sure if 80 is a good enough score on the verbal communication test
 

Quickthorn

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2012
Messages
136
Anyway, we shall see if I even get that far, as I said, I'm not sure if 80 is a good enough score on the verbal communication test

If it's the test you do over the phone, then I think your score will be good enough, as the scores only go up to 80!
 

Tomnick

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2005
Messages
5,933
I don't remember being told what I scored on the telephone test - but 80/80 sounds like a good score! Hopefully that's taken into account for the rest of the selection process. Are you potentially under the same LOM as your husband? That might help too!
 

helly_belly

Member
Joined
20 Jul 2013
Messages
7
I don't remember being told what I scored on the telephone test - but 80/80 sounds like a good score! Hopefully that's taken into account for the rest of the selection process. Are you potentially under the same LOM as your husband? That might help too!

Yep, same LOM. He's aware I'm applying. Just worried about these aptitude tests. It tells you at the top of the PDF they send with info about the test that you can log into the website after taking the test to see your score....so I did ;)
 

WestRiding

Member
Joined
21 Mar 2012
Messages
1,014
Ha! You must hate each other both wanting a signalling job. You'l never see each other with the shifts.
 

helly_belly

Member
Joined
20 Jul 2013
Messages
7
We most definitely don't hate each other lol. As we've applied to be in different boxes, we're hoping to see each other more than we do now when we're on opposite shifts. Sure a day off will cross at some point :) Assuming I get the job that is!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top