merlodlliw
Established Member
I was reading in yesterdays local regional paper the Daily Post that signalling upgrades for the North Wales main line will start in 2015,
I myself wonder where the 105 miles would start from? anyone have any idea,Holyhead to ?
Bob
[/QUOTE]" The Welsh Secretary was responding to a call from the Aberconwy M.P. Gutto Bebb.from page three Daily Post North East Wales edition dated 18th October, article not put on the Daily Post web pages
Welsh Secretary David Jones said he had met with Network Rail who told him the line was to be re-signalled from 2015.
The Welsh Secretary further said he was holding discussions with Welsh Govt & North Wales local authorities with a view to exploring the possibility of electrifying the North Wales Railway line of 105 miles
Arfon M.P. Hywel Williams asked how much of the £9.4bn earmarked for rail infrastructure to 2019 would be spent in North Wales. Mr Williams it would be a great boost to the area,improving services and giving local businesses some of the help they need and deserve"
I myself wonder where the 105 miles would start from? anyone have any idea,Holyhead to ?
Bob
Last edited: