Hi all, Here is an update!
I have successfully made a statutory declaration referral via Single Justice. They have said that the court now has 3 months to contact me back with an appointment and the fine is on hold. I should wait for an SJPN via email (the importance of checking the junk folder!) or mail.
I also tried contacting Citizen's advice but the one in Preston has been shut down so can't go for a face-to-face. Their call and online chat options are busy/non-existent. I guess I can write an email about this now? Not sure. I will also be compiling all the points raised in this thread and posting them here for feedback (as mentioned previously) because I can't be sure I understand completely what is going on.
Another thing, whilst doing the SD referral on the phone call to Single Justice, the lady asked me if there is any issue I suffer from that the court needs to know about, and I said no. However, I do receive some support from uni like getting extra time for exams, getting extensions for deadlines, the tutors are advised to give printouts where possible and upload material online, giving breaks hourly, etc. Sometimes I find it difficult to process instructions so I need longer to ask tutors and make sure I understand assignments. There's no condition that I have been diagnosed with, but some things that are in place for me at uni for support.
So shall I call back and declare this? I wasn't sure if I should, since there's no official diagnosis.
I have successfully made a statutory declaration referral via Single Justice. They have said that the court now has 3 months to contact me back with an appointment and the fine is on hold. I should wait for an SJPN via email (the importance of checking the junk folder!) or mail.
I also tried contacting Citizen's advice but the one in Preston has been shut down so can't go for a face-to-face. Their call and online chat options are busy/non-existent. I guess I can write an email about this now? Not sure. I will also be compiling all the points raised in this thread and posting them here for feedback (as mentioned previously) because I can't be sure I understand completely what is going on.
Another thing, whilst doing the SD referral on the phone call to Single Justice, the lady asked me if there is any issue I suffer from that the court needs to know about, and I said no. However, I do receive some support from uni like getting extra time for exams, getting extensions for deadlines, the tutors are advised to give printouts where possible and upload material online, giving breaks hourly, etc. Sometimes I find it difficult to process instructions so I need longer to ask tutors and make sure I understand assignments. There's no condition that I have been diagnosed with, but some things that are in place for me at uni for support.
So shall I call back and declare this? I wasn't sure if I should, since there's no official diagnosis.