Hey all,
On Halloween weekend I had a disastrous journey home on the Sunday. Phone completely died between leaving my friends house and getting to Stratford. I jumped on the next available train back to Essex, put my phone on charge and was on Trainline buying my ticket when the inspector came round. She was nice and understanding but of course, still issued the penalty fare. I explained it was my first ever offence and I had no other way of getting home without getting on the train to charge my phone (I no longer carry a wallet, just Apple Pay), but she said it makes no difference.
I commute into London Liverpool Street Monday-Friday for work and always buy my return tickets (I sent screenshots of this in my first appeal but it made no difference) -- I appealed explaining about the lack of charge and safety concern about getting home and it was rejected 'A ticket is evidence of permission to make a rail journey and it is the passenger's responsibility to have sufficient charge on their mobile phone, their m ticket activated and to keep it safe.'
I'm wondering now if there is genuinely any point of a second appeal and if so, if anybody had any advice for what I could include to help that appeal? I am aware that I took the risk by getting on the train and am of course at fault for not having a charged phone or my wallet with me, but it was an unfortunate, honest incident.
Any guidance on a second appeal would be appreciated!
On Halloween weekend I had a disastrous journey home on the Sunday. Phone completely died between leaving my friends house and getting to Stratford. I jumped on the next available train back to Essex, put my phone on charge and was on Trainline buying my ticket when the inspector came round. She was nice and understanding but of course, still issued the penalty fare. I explained it was my first ever offence and I had no other way of getting home without getting on the train to charge my phone (I no longer carry a wallet, just Apple Pay), but she said it makes no difference.
I commute into London Liverpool Street Monday-Friday for work and always buy my return tickets (I sent screenshots of this in my first appeal but it made no difference) -- I appealed explaining about the lack of charge and safety concern about getting home and it was rejected 'A ticket is evidence of permission to make a rail journey and it is the passenger's responsibility to have sufficient charge on their mobile phone, their m ticket activated and to keep it safe.'
I'm wondering now if there is genuinely any point of a second appeal and if so, if anybody had any advice for what I could include to help that appeal? I am aware that I took the risk by getting on the train and am of course at fault for not having a charged phone or my wallet with me, but it was an unfortunate, honest incident.
Any guidance on a second appeal would be appreciated!