hexagon789
Veteran Member
Anyone remember Wales & Borders Ginster’s Pasty branded 158?![]()
Oh God, yes I remember that (!), I've even got an issue of Model Rail which demonstrates how to relivery a Bachmann 158 into Pasty colours!
Anyone remember Wales & Borders Ginster’s Pasty branded 158?![]()
I think there is a very strong case, when 'wrong' stock is hired in, to put labels in door windows and some other windows stating 'on hire to <TOC X>', or similar, specifically to get over that point. It isn't hard and it makes life easier for the passenger.
Given bus companies can do this quite easily (and, indeed, they also do when temporarily using non-accessible vehicles on service runs) I don't see why it isn't already being done by TOCs… you'd think it'd save them a few headaches down the line.I think there is a very strong case, when 'wrong' stock is hired in, to put labels in door windows and some other windows stating 'on hire to <TOC X>', or similar, specifically to get over that point. It isn't hard and it makes life easier for the passenger.
Given bus companies can do this quite easily (and, indeed, they also do when temporarily using non-accessible vehicles on service runs) I don't see why it isn't already being done by TOCs… you'd think it'd save them a few headaches down the line.
Seeing those bright and colourful trains as a young boy created my love for trains and ever since I've held SWT's livery in high regard.
One of the many reasons I like trains in general is the plethora of colour schemes and I'd hate to see the variety go, only to be replaced with drab grey uniformity.
Totally agree. The current crop of liveries is arguably as bad as it has been since privatisation. Far too many plain white and grey efforts and even some of those with a bit of imagination look terrible in my opinion (especially TPE). The worst of the lot has to be the new Virgin Trains "livery". I was never all that much of a fan of the red and silver, but it was hugely superior to leaving them almost totally white without even a dark band surrounding the windows.
There were some great liveries in the early days of privatisation: FGE, FGW "fag packet", Midland Mainline and GNER to name a few. I always liked Silverlink's livery too.
I find it a bit amusing whenever I stand on the platform, at my station, and hear "South Western Railway service to London Waterloo" then to see a "SOUTH WEST TRAINS" branded train pulling in! I haven't personally seen a SWR branded train yet and it's been about 7-8 months since the takeover.
Took the train today, yup, still SWT, no sign of SWR branding on the trains there and back which is nice for now.
I will need to steel myself for that time when the SWT livery is forever consigned to history that it will be SWR proper when all trains get coated in dreary funeral grey. Not looking forward to that.