Class 170101
On Moderation
- Joined
- 1 Mar 2014
- Messages
- 8,662
Try the 07:06 Glasgow to Inverness or the 20:15 Inverness to Glasgow
And more to the point when are they going to have any First Class Deals ?
I asked them last year and they told me the £7.50 First class fares would be in place by April this year.
Am I right in saying 170401 was undergoing refurbishment? I passed it today in Waverly and it looked like it had new seat covers, plug sockets, saltire livery applied, and perhaps new carpets although I didn't see too well. Good to see the Turbostars finally getting a well needed refresh!
Are they still refurbishing the 158s? Only seen one so far. Thought they were meant to have a new one out every month or so?
It'd have to be a pretty good deal with the current service - First Class on Scotrail's Turbostars isn't particularly worthwhile at the moment IMO!
Currently 4 (701,711,713 & 722) running around refurbished. I beileve the 5th is away at the moment although I don't know for certain what number it is.
Oh right I had no idea, good to know they're still doing it!
The 156 refurb has also started this month. Full interior refurbished including new seats, interior paintwork, carpets, toilets and extra wheelchair space. Not sure if they get wifi and plug sockets - hopefully they do.
40 class 158 trains significantly enhanced to support the Great Scenic Railways of Scotland package on Borders, Far North, Kyle and West Highlands routes from December 2017 delivering accessible WC, wheelchair space, bay seating, air conditioning upgrade, seat covers, flooring, lighting, maps on tables, information screens, decals, painting, counting equipment and re-livery
The 156 refurb has also started this month. Full interior refurbished including new seats, interior paintwork, carpets, toilets and extra wheelchair space. Not sure if they get wifi and plug sockets - hopefully they do.
Good to hear. Hate the seats currently on the 156s, the exact same as those used on the Class 320s. Hopefully the seats will be the same as the 158s at least. I'm sure they'll get plug sockets. Wifi, I'm not sure -- ever tried getting a signal from Corour??![]()
Highly unlikely. How do you imagine the train accesses the internet? WiFi on train is a triumph of false premise...Hopefully it will be sufficiently powerful to cope with the number of users using it simultaneously.
The 156 refurb has also started this month. Full interior refurbished including new seats, interior paintwork, carpets, toilets and extra wheelchair space. Not sure if they get wifi and plug sockets - hopefully they do.
Do you know what is the first unit to be done up and when for?
Fine plans...
Meanwhile the truly appalling collapsed seat 158s trundle back and forth between Edinburgh and Perth. My eyes rolled skyward at one point on the journey today and I recognised the distinctive dark and light blue of BR's Regional Railways on the luggage racks, unchanged in over 25 years. Carpet and upholstery I put at near on 20 years.
Fine plans...
Meanwhile the truly appalling collapsed seat 158s trundle back and forth between Edinburgh and Perth. My eyes rolled skyward at one point on the journey today and I recognised the distinctive dark and light blue of BR's Regional Railways on the luggage racks, unchanged in over 25 years. Carpet and upholstery I put at near on 20 years.