Hi,
I've got an annual season ticket from Basingstoke to Fareham, which I've previously used to travel that journey, via Salisbury, on more than one occasion. This was on the advice of a member of staff at Fareham who told me that its a valid way to make the journey (though I'm well aware that this falls under "the man on the platform says" if they were incorrect).
I've just made the return part of a Salisbury->Basingstoke journey, for which the guard accepted my season ticket on the outbound journey but the guard on the return journey refused and required me to buy a ticket.
In short - was the Guard on my return journey correct, or should I contact South West Trains and request a refund?
Thanks for your time.
I've got an annual season ticket from Basingstoke to Fareham, which I've previously used to travel that journey, via Salisbury, on more than one occasion. This was on the advice of a member of staff at Fareham who told me that its a valid way to make the journey (though I'm well aware that this falls under "the man on the platform says" if they were incorrect).
I've just made the return part of a Salisbury->Basingstoke journey, for which the guard accepted my season ticket on the outbound journey but the guard on the return journey refused and required me to buy a ticket.
In short - was the Guard on my return journey correct, or should I contact South West Trains and request a refund?
Thanks for your time.