• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Saint malo -combourg line what trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
I was at combourg station and saw a very smart double decker train which said bombardier on it

Inside looked a dream!

Interesting too how the french have low platforms and minimal fencing around the railway lines
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Redonian

Member
Joined
31 May 2014
Messages
99
What you saw was almost certainly a Regio 2N.
Did it have black and white stripes on the front?
TER Bretagne have a number of these units.
 

Taunton

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Aug 2013
Messages
12,321
The French have gone extensively for double-deckers. On the Riviera, even 2-car local emus are double-deck.
 

A Challenge

Established Member
Joined
24 Sep 2016
Messages
2,837
It is then, effectively, 3 cars, so can carry then 50% more people. A good idea. I travelled on (the top deck) of a double-decker suburban train into Venice last year.
 

BlueDanger

Member
Joined
16 Mar 2011
Messages
25
I don't suppose anyone knows about stock allocation on the St Malo - Rennes line? I'll be travelling on it on a Friday morning soon, and would be interested in travelling on a Rėgio 2N. Are they used on all services or is it a mixture?

Thanks
 

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Joined
13 May 2008
Messages
12,774
as far as I can tell from French wikipedia, TER Bretagne obtained the Regio 2N (Z 55500) fleet specifically for Ligne 13, St Malo-Rennes. It also says the route uses Z27500 as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top